Infertility

PCOS and diet + exercise

I am trying to be good about eating well (cut out pretty much all refined sugar, pasta, bread, potatoes, rice etc) and am exercising 1 hour a day. I eat basically only fish, mean, beans, nuts, veggies, and fruit. I still havent lost a pound after almost 4 weeks of this....

Is the exercise and low carb diet good for PCOS in itself or is do you only have a benefit if you lose weight because of it?

I need SOMETHING to motivate me and if the weight isn't coming off, it would help to know that at least all this trouble is helping something in my body work right.......

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PCOS and diet + exercise

• Well...cardiovascular exercise is good for your body in general.  How many calories a day are consuming? Your diet plan sounds pretty good.  You haven't lost one single pound?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The other thing you could try would be to measure your waist, thighs and arms. See if you are shrinking in inches and not pounds.  You could be gaining muscle and shrinking fat and therefore wouldn't necessarily see numbers changing on the scale.  You could very well be toning.

How do you feel? How do your clothes feel?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ugh - feel the same and my clothes fit the same....

I have fluctuated between 178.6 and 180.2 for the past 3 weeks....I haven't made a significant weight loss that is consistent....

I have never calorie counted. The frustrating thing is that this particular regimen (carb cutting and exercise) worked before for me (even this past summer) and I could lose 2-3 pounds a month.....

• i meant 2-3 pounds a week....

in august I lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks and I didn't even exercise half as much....

this sucks....

• You need to give your self at least 8 weeks of diet and exercise to see a difference.  If you keep it up, you'll find that a big chunk of weight will come off all at once, and then you'll start to gradually keep losing.

Good luck!  I know it's frustrating, but just keep going!

PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • The diet and exercise are great not only for weight loss but also because they help control blood sugar which can be a problem for PCOS ladies.  Don't get discouraged!!!  I am following a similar plan and find that the weight comes off in stages...nothing for a while and then 5lbs. in one week.  Hang in there and know that you are improving your body even if you can't see the changes right away!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"