Infertility

Temping & over-optimism

TCOYF says that you are almost certainly pregnant once you have 18 days of temperatures above your coverline.  Let me pose a scenario and ask for your opinion.

I use FF to track my temps, and it has calculated a cover line and O date for me for this cycle.  I'm currently 11dpo, and I'm trying to figure out what to make of the temps I received on 6dpo and 7dpo.  My coverline is set at 97.1.  Temps for 6dpo and 7dpo were 97.12...just barely over the coverline.  Can I still count those as temps above the coverline when it was such a close call, or is this cycle probably a bust?  One more thing.  I know this was totally stupid of me to do now that I look back, but I wore a tank top to bed on those nights.  I usually wear a long sleeved pajama shirt.  I'm wondering if I woke "cooler" because of my choice of bedtime apparel.  Next cycle I'm going to designate some lucky pj's and wear them to bed every single night-LOL!

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Temping & over-optimism

• i don't think what you wear should affect your core body temp.  sometimes i wear cotton, sometimes fleece, and my DH likes to crank up the a/c a lot (even during the winter!!!) and i haven't seen any real effect on my temps.

did you mean to say 97.2 or 97.12? if it's 97.2 i would still count it as "high" or above your coverline.

not to burst your bubble or anything but during my previous cycle (unmedicated) my temps were way above coverline for 20 days (also had the longest LP ever in my charting history - it had never been longer than 14 days) and i obviously ended up with a BFN....

of course anything is possible and you might be PG... no way to really know until you either test or AF shows up.

• Nope, I really did mean 97.12.  Ridiculously close!  Thanks for sharing your situation.  I kind of thought this was a steadfast "rule," and now I'll know to be prepared for potentially bad news.  Guess I'll wait out my next 7 days and see what happens from there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • would you consider POAS?  It may be too early, but it's another way to see if you are pg....  GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"