3rd Trimester

Middle back pain

I work two 12 hour shifts every other weekend.  I have 3 hours left to go but oh my, my back is killing me tonight.  I have a job where I sit almost the whole shift.  I have gotten up and walked around a bit and stretched some but nothing is seeming to help.  I will be working these shifts every other weekend till the end of March.  Any tips for relieving back pain?

Re: Middle back pain

• is there a stool or garbage can that you can prop your feet up on? Sometimes that helps.

Also, try bringing in a pillow to sit on or to prop up against your back.

Is there a better chair you can switch yours out for?

• middle back? i've gotten that from my job too...having arms in the same elevated position for a long time does it...at least in my case. the only thing that has helped me is lying down and taking a little tylenol. bleh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Heat! Either with a heating pad or moist heat with a warm bath. Does wonders for me! Tylenol helps too. Oh, and my back always hurts in the middle when my kidneys flare up...so keep an eye on your symptoms.
  • imageziggy=lee:
    I work two 12 hour shifts every other weekend.  I have 3 hours left to go but oh my, my back is killing me tonight.  I have a job where I sit almost the whole shift.  I have gotten up and walked around a bit and stretched some but nothing is seeming to help.  I will be working these shifts every other weekend till the end of March.  Any tips for relieving back pain?
    FIrst of all, they need to provide you with a stool or chair that has a back support. In about 2 months you are going to be MISERABLE, plus you may have bad swelling from being on your feet the whole day.  And definately take a relaxing bath!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • stand against a wall and press the small of your back to the wall try to hold it as long as u feel comfortable, like ur pulling your bellybutton in, then release.  i repeat it like 8 or 10 times. 
  • Us a corny wormy.  you need a microwave though.  Mine has been my savior!
  • Back rubs from DH. ?It's the only thing that helps me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJ&JSuiter070205:
    imageziggy=lee:
    FIrst of all, they need to provide you with a stool or chair that has a back support. In about 2 months you are going to be MISERABLE, plus you may have bad swelling from being on your feet the whole day.  And definately take a relaxing bath!

I'm sitting in an ergonomic (sp?) chair as that is what is required at this workplace.  I'm sitting on a piece of egg foam right now which helps a bit.  I also just went for a walk to get some ice water.  I take 2 extra strength Tylenol every night before bed b/c my hips give me such problems.  That is what my OB recommended.  Unfortunately heating pads at work aren't at option, no where to plug one in.  Thanks for the tips though.  I'm not on my feet except for walking to the bathroom or to get water.  I sit all day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"