Cincinnati Babies

Mommy & me classes

I know there were some posts about taking mommy & me yoga or pilates classes. Well, I put a bug in a relative (not close and don't see that often)'s ear because she teaches yoga. She is currently on maternity leave but said she will let me know if she starts to teach any classes.

On a related issue, I got a postcard in the mail from a place called the the Little Gym. They have mommy & me classes that I believe are of the pre-gymnastic nature. I requested more info and depending on the cost, Brooke & I may take a class. Just wanted to let you all know!

Re: Mommy & me classes

• Let me know what you find out, maybe Ethan and I could join you.  Sounds like fun!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is the reply I got:

Children from 10-36 months begin at The Little Gym exploring basic motor
    and social skills in a parent/child class.  Warm-up and group activities
    introduce movements, tumbling skills and motor perceptual challenges.
    Here we also introduce age appropriate gymnastics skills and loco motor
    activities to develop strength, body and spatial awareness, and balance.
    The gymnastics equipment creates opportunities for exploration, problem
    solving and risk taking.  The Little Gym curriculum is carefully
    designed to strengthen not only each child's physical abilities, but
    also their ability to listen and learn.

They also said they offer a free trial class. The are on Tuesdays at 9:15 (which I can't attend) and Saturdays at 9:30.

Let me know if you want to go.

• Loading the player...
  • Hey Kristin!  I am off the next two Saturdays if we can get in for a trial class... let me know if either of those would work for you!
  • I was just looking for their website too and I think it's in the center with Kroger on Cincinnati Dayton?  I hadn't heard of it before.  I want to take Ethan to Bananas, too.  He is really loving jumping!!  We bounce him on the couch/bed/in the air and he just smiles and goes "eee-eee-eee-eee-eee!"  I wonder if that's supposed to be "wee!"?
  • Probably so. They didn't give me pricing of course, but if nothing else I think we should go to the free class. I think I still have your email. I will forward it to you.

I never heard of them before, but I got a postcard in the mail. I didn't think about going to Bananas.

• I would love to join you guys for the trial class if you go on a Saturday... that way my DH could stay home with Parker.

Just let me know  :o)

• OK. Let me know which Sat you guys prefer and I will send the lady an email and sign us up.
  • What part of town is the class in?  I think it sounds like so much fun! 
  • Kristen, pretty much any Saturday would work for me :)
  • Either Sat is fine with me.

l-kristina, it is in Liberty Township...interested?

• I can go the 7th or the 14th, either one if those work for you guys!
  • I'd be interested in the free trial class, too!  I've heard each Little Gym decides their own pricing, but most are around $400 a semester--way too much for me.  I'll go to a free trial, though!
  • imagesprads:

Either Sat is fine with me.

l-kristina, it is in Liberty Township...interested?

Eeek!  That's a pretty far drive for me, I was hoping it was in Anderson.  I think there is a location there, so let me know how it goes, maybe I can organize an east side GTG there...

• $400??!! Holy cow. I was hoping for closer to $100-200 range. More than $10 a class, I am not sure that is worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"