Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Crawling

My ds is almost 9 months and just this week got up on his knees and started rocking.  Should I be concerned that he isnt crawling? He scoots around on his stomach in circles, but no crawling.

I guess I am just a nervous first time mom!

Re: Crawling

• My friend's baby didn't start crawling until 9 1/2 months.  Every baby is different.  Some babies never crawl.  I wouldn't worry too much.  :-)
  • Don't worry about it.  He's still normal, in the normal range.  My BFF's baby didn't crawl until 11 months and now he's a star soccer player. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Crawling actually isn't a milestone that pedis look for.. many babies never crawl and go straight to walking. ?That being said, your dc sounds like he is getting ready to start moving:)
  • My DD has been scooting on her belly for a good month now. She also rocks on her hands and knees. However, I don't think she is interested in crawling. She just learned how to pull up and is now starting to slowly cruise around on the furniture, so she might just skip crawling. That said, I wouldn't worry if I were you. Your son might crawl soon or he might just go to walking. Either way, crawling isn't a milestone so if he doesn't do it, no big deal.
  • My son just started crawling about 2 weeks ago out of no where. He was doing what you're saying your DC is doing and one day I look at him and there he goes!! So, I wouldn't worry about it...some babies don't crawl.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't worry! All babies go at different paces. Your DS probably met a different milestone earlier than other babies. I know it's hard but I try not to compare. I know he'll do things on his own schedule.?
  • My DD just this week started doing that as well. At our 9 month appt the dr said to worry. That is the sign they are getting ready and before you know they will do it.
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"