Eco-Friendly Family

Poor Joshie. :(

His little bum is bleeding.  He had some icky GI stuff going on last night and today, and he's paying an awful price for it.  He is slathered in cream, wearing a sposie covered with wool for the night.  I wanted to just cry when I saw how much worse it got just within the last diaper change. 

Crying 

Re: Poor Joshie. :(

• Poor Joshie is right...it breaks my heart when little ones are in pain.  Hopefully it will look better in the morning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • He just sobs and sobs during diaper changes.  My poor little baby. 

:(

• Loading the player...
  • poor thing, i hope its over soon... can you give him naked time? when DD gets super bad i let her go naked in about 2" of water in the tub (enough that she can crawl around in but it still is fun to splash, but not enough for her to get too cold in) and it helps air out her bum a bit in this freezing weather.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh no, that's the worst!  It's almost as hard on the mommy.  It makes me tear up just thinking about the pain he must be in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's a good idea, melsie.  I think we'll do that tomorrow morning (they're in bed now).  I need to make him a g-string diaper that'll catch pee, but let his cheeks air.  lol
  • poor little guy! 

get some epsom salt and put a little in a warm bath for him tomorrow.  i'd let him soak/play for awhile, then give him nakey time :-)

we have nakey time in the bathroom at least once a week.  i just take some of his easily wiped off toys, lay down a big beach towel, and we roll around and sing songs while his bum airs out.

• imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    I need to make him a g-string diaper that'll catch pee, but let his cheeks air.  lol

i'd love to see the patent office's face when you hand them that one! lol 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HAHAHAH!  seriously! 

=)

• Oh, I hurt for him. Poor baby :( I hope it clears up very soon.
    Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker,Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker image
  • Poor thing!

Do you have any cedarwood left?  Any lavender?  You can out either of them (or both) intot he diaper cream or some vitamin E oil and that might help.

• oh no that's awful
    47 months &
    11 months
  • Poor little guy.  That happened to Nathan in early December when he had a stomach virus. We ended up having to do the sposie thing and naked time.  We also got him in an oatmeal bath every night and I swear it helped. 

I hope he feels better soon!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh no! ?I hope he heals quickly!
    Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Poor thing!  Have you tried putting him on the potty when you think he's ready to go?  My son has been pooping on the potty since he's been 15 months (usually), and that would help with the pain if it doesn't end up in his diaper.  It might be a great jump start to potty training :)
  • Oh no! ?:(

That happened to Anna when she was cutting her first molars (I swear there is a link!). ?It was so bad that it hurt when I put her in the bath (I thought it would help) and she cried and refused to take a bath for weeks after. ?She normally loves the water! I felt horrible. ??

• Oh and the only thing that helped was a thick coat of desitin followed by a TON of corn starch. ?At every diaper change. ?
  • imagejulielovestom:
    Poor thing!  Have you tried putting him on the potty when you think he's ready to go?  My son has been pooping on the potty since he's been 15 months (usually), and that would help with the pain if it doesn't end up in his diaper.  It might be a great jump start to potty training :)

Yes, he's pooped in the potty for several months now.  Unfortunately, the GI issues I referred to in my OP include diarrhea. 

UPDATE:  The Bum is mucho better this morning.  Yay!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"