Babies: 9 - 12 Months

BF'ing got me out of jury duty!

Woo hoo! A couple weeks ago I posted on here asking if anyone had been summoned while still breastfeeding. A few Nesties said they were told bf'ing wasn't a valid excuse. Which I totally don't understand, I mean there is no way you could serve on a multiple day trial and not ruin your supply. Apparently your need to breastfeed your child is not "protected" in all states. Ridiculous. But I received a letter today stating that I was excused. Seriously, I would have shown up with my pump and told them I needed to use their fridge to store my bm. I would have gladly made a scene.

Anyways, I served jury duty the day I went into PTL. So they owe me.

Josie Cailin 7/25/08 Asher Mason 7/19/10

Re: BF'ing got me out of jury duty!

• Well, that's awesome.  Another benefit of breastfeeding. yay!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's awesome!  I believe they do owe you since you went into labor. 
    Married 05/27/07 ~ Emilee Lucille born 04/01/08 ~ Ella Marie 2/15/12 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • are you a sahm? here as long as you have a child under 9 (10 maybe?) you don't have to do jury duty.
  • I was excused this month b/c of breastfeeding/pumping.  They sent me a notice that I'll be serving next January.  :)
  • It got me out a few months ago too. That and the fact that I'm the primary caretaker to 2 kids under 4. There's no way I could have done it, seriously.

Glad you were able to get out. Particularly since you served not that long ago!

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker,Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker image
  • I know, I thought I wouldn't have been contacted for at least another year. I also told them that I was SAHM, so I guess both factor into their decision. Now I'd better time the next pregnancy just right, so I won't have to go for another couple years Wink
    Josie Cailin 7/25/08 Asher Mason 7/19/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"