Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

how and when do you start tracking again....

any thougths on when ovulation begins again??  when i should i start temping again?  I just m/c y'day. 

Re: how and when do you start tracking again....

• I had my D&C on a Friday and started temping again the following Monday.  That said your temps will likely be messed up because of the mc, so you might not be able to tell much. 

As far as when ovulation begins... I don't really know.  Best I can tell I haven't o'd yet (3 weeks past D&C), but I think I'm a late ovulator anyway.

Good luck!

• This is my 2nd mc and with the last I didn't start tracking anything until I got my 1st post mc period.  We also were told to wait 2 cycles so that was perfect for us.

• Loading the player...
  • I started temping again the day after I learned about my m/c. They have definitely been erratic for me. I am 3 weeks out from my c/p and still have not ovulated, but I am also a very late ovulator so this could be par for the course for me.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • it's a good distractor for me to think about moving on.  taking proactive steps.  thanks ladies for your thoughts - what a great support system this is.
  • I started temping the day after my U/S to confirm m/c. I needed to feel like I had some control over my body, and I wanted to start "practicing" since I had never charted before. So I did it with the knowledge that my temps might be totally wacky for the first cycle.

I was able to see that I finally ovulated on CD 23 or 10 days after I stopped bleeding - in a normal cycle I think I used to ovulate somewhere around CD 14-16. We didn't TTC this cycle but it was reassuring to know that I did in fact ovulate! Here's my chart if you want to take a look. You can see that my temps were pretty goofy while I was still bleeding.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2355d4?

• I have just started tracking for "practice". The real thing will be next month, but it's good for me to be learning about my body. It's helping with the adverse feelings I've been having to kind of get to know myself a little better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I actually never stopped temping (chart linked in ticker).  I just missed the day after my surgery since I was so drugged up.  I actually ended up making a "mini-cycle" out of the days I bled and them started again on the day after my surgery just to make my chart a little prettier.  I started ovulating about 2 weeks after my surgery.  But my hcg never got very high so it didn't take it too long go drop down after she got everything out.
  • I'm just over 3 wks post D&C and starting temping last weekend. I'll be charting for a month or two so my acupuncturist can help me get my cycles back to normal, but I'll also be working w/ my OB if AF hasn't returned in the next 2-3 wks. My cycles were completely screwy after having DD, so I'm prepared for unpredictability. But it really depends on the person, so you could be ovulating sooner rather than later, so I recommend going ahead and trying charting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageL2theC42:
    it's a good distractor for me to think about moving on.  taking proactive steps.  thanks ladies for your thoughts - what a great support system this is.

I totally agree on the "taking proactive steps".  Good luck on your charting!

• I'm sorry for your loss. My doc told me to wait a couple of months before trying again. I wish I would have started trying when my doc said it was ok but I was so fearful I guess.  I hope that all goes well for you. Good luck.
  • I had ovulation pains three weeks after surgery and one week after I stopped bleeding. I had heard that temps after a m/c are all over the place, but my temps seem to confirm ovulation as well. I know everyone is different though. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry about your loss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker M/C #1 - BFP 12/28/2008. Confirmed m/c at 6wks - blighted ovum on 1/9/2009. M/C #2 - BFP 6/16/2009. Confirmed m/c at 7wks - blighted ovum on 7/1/2009.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"