TTC After a Loss
Options

So tell me about chemical pg's....

Have you had one?

More than one?

If so, did your dr. count it toward repeat loss and do extra testing??

In my case, my first m/c was also apparently a c/p but it happened differently. I had AF first, then got a + but my HCG never got above 48 and then dropped right back down and I bled again 3 days after b/w confirmed. SO I guess the little eggie was trying to stick but maybe tried to implant too late when AF was already coming?

This time AF was due Thurs. I got very light +'s on Wed, Thurs & Fri. Today MUCH, MUCH lighter (actually only a faint hint was visible on a FRER, nothing on a different test) and then I started bleeding a couple hours later.

I was just wondering if c/p's are more likely just "bad luck" than an indication of a problem. I had "great" progesterone this month and I don't seem to have an LP defect.

I'm excited to move forward with IUI, but obviously now terrified that every pg is going to end this way!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So tell me about chemical pg's....

• Options

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I had a Chem PG in 07. Since this was my 1st loss, my OB did treat it as "bad luck" (her exact words too) but did say that we would re-evaluate it if this was to happen again.

I also have a friend who had 2 Chem PG. Her OB did do testing and found out that she had a clotting disorder. Once she got another BFP, she gave her self shots to support the PG.

The silver lining of both our stories is that both my friend and I received our next BFP's on the same day, she delivered 1 day after me, and then she was my next door neighbor in the hospital.

I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you soon on SAL and PAL!!

• Options

i'm so sorry you are going through this again. ?i don't have much help, but i did have a chem pg in july. ?actually...the only reason i consider it was a chem pg is bc of what this board describes it as. ?when i asked my dr about it he said "we don't use that term, you were pg and had an early m/c." ?which in my mind is a good thing b/c it should count as a repeat loss and qualify for testing to make sure everything is ok.

i hope everything works out for you and your dr can give you some help and that you can move forward with your planned cycle.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemelandscott0907:

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I had a Chem PG in 07. Since this was my 1st loss, my OB did treat it?as "bad luck" (her exact words too) but did say that we would re-evaluate it if this was to happen again.

I also have a friend who had 2 Chem PG. Her OB did do testing and found out that she had a clotting disorder. Once she got another BFP, she gave her self shots to support the PG.

The silver lining of both our stories is that both my friend and I received our next BFP's on the same day, she delivered 1 day after me, and then she was my next door neighbor in the hospital.

I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you soon on SAL and PAL!!

omg...your baby is ADORABLE!!!?

• Options

CareBear, I've very sorry for your loss...

I've had 2 CPs in 3 cycles and it really depends on the doctor if they count it as being pregnant. One nurse I talked to said "You were barely pg" but my doctor said I was pregnant twice.

The good news is CPs are better (if you can use that word) than later m/cs because they say it's bad luck and less something seriously wrong. I was tested for a thyroid problem and for factor V (since my dad has it).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ((hugs)) I'm sorry I didn't hear about this loss.Sad 
    m/c April '08
    DD#1 born June '09
    DD#2 born April '11
    TTC #3 as of July '14

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options

I'm really sorry for your loss.

My Dr. also doesn't use the term "chemical pregnancy", she stated that I had a very early miscarriage.  I got a BFP on Dec 30 (faint line on 2 tests).  I tested again on Jan 3 and got a BFN, I started bleeding a few hours later.  

My Dr. said it doesn't indicate a problem and that it was okay to try again right away - which we did.  I'm currently waiting for either a BFP or AF.

Good luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My doctor used the term chemical pregnancy. She thinks it is bad luck and said she isn't concerned b/c they are so common and do not (at this point) increase the chance of me having another one. She also said I am young (at 32, I appreciated her saying that!) and have no risk factors. Kinda annoyingly she recommended we wait one cycle to try again, although apparently no other doctor does that after c/p.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sorry you are going through this.

It happened to us in June 08.  We were out of town at the time and the ER doctor told me there was "no way I was pregnant" based on hormone levels.  It was a small town hospital and my brother works there and told me he was fired a month later - lots of complaints about his "bedside manner" (or lack thereof).

My doctor called it a pregnancy; specifically it was a chemical pregnancy.  She said I was pregnant but lost it before the 5th week (when it would have become a clincal pregnancy). 

She said that she was not concerned about me getting pregnant on my own but if I wasn't pregnant by January 2009 I should come back in.  I made my appointment last week.  We'll see what she says in mid-February when I go to see her.

DD 11/7/04

DS 6/24/06

TTC #3

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"