TTC After a Loss

frequent periods?

I had my d&c in late september.  Didn't get my period until Thanksgiving.  Had three regular periods (27-28 days) and now, I am starting to have my period at day 16 (and this is TTC week).  I suppose I will call my dr on Monday but anyone have such a short cycle?

Re: frequent periods?

• I had pretty short cycles. Typically 25-27days. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. A 16 day cycle is probably not normal, though. I think it would be a good idea to give your dr a call about that.
  • When you say you're starting to get your period, what exactly is happening? A little cramping and spotting could be ovulatory.?

I agree with the pp that if you are really having a 16 day cycle you should talk to your doc.?

• Loading the player...
  • It was during intercourse.  It was heavy. 
  • If it was during intercourse and hasn?t continued, I?d chalk it up to random bleeding. It?s possible for your cervix to bleed during sex at certain times in your cycle (like o and later). But you can always run it by your doctor to get the professional opinion.
    mc: 5w3d 11/11/07 missed mc: 7w or 8w, d/c @11w 4/16/08 mc: 6wks 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I was in hs and college, I went through a period of time where I had 22-23 day cycles. ?They later evened out to 27 days or so, though I had a 17-day cycle once a few years ago. ?If it's a one-time deal, I wouldn't worry too much about it. ?Lots of different factors can affect your period. ?But if you are routinely having 16-day cycles, yes, by all means, see your doc!
  • I would talk to your doc about heavy flow triggered by intercourse. It could be nothing, it could be an infection... it's better to know for certain that it's nothing to worry about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"