Cincinnati Babies

Thanks, & another ? about RN programs @ hospitals that pay tuition

Thanks to all of you who responded to my post the other day, that info was really helpful! Someone responded about a hospital (Christ?) that pays tuition and then you have a contract to work for them?  Anyone have any info on that program or any other hospitals that do that?  Do you have to pay them back as you work, or you are just required to work for them for a certain number of years?  Any info is appreciated!  Thanks again!!  You all have such cute babies btw, I need to learn how to do a siggie lol.

Re: Thanks, & another ? about RN programs @ hospitals that pay tuition

• Christ requires a contract as repayment for tuition. I do believe it is 2 years. I work at Christ...love it there!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went to Christ and I had free tuition with a two year contract to work as a RN there.  I went through their critical care internship program and worked in the ICU there for several years before grad school.  It's a great deal, and you get full pay and benefits during the two year commitment.  It's nice to know you have a job waiting when you are done with school.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • They do not do this anymore.  I called then back in November when I got laid off and she said that since they are not part of Alliance anymore they do not do this.  They were accepting application for the August 09 school year when I called then.

I know Brown Mackie has an RN program that is another place to look.  I really didn't look into it because my bosses daughter goes there for RN plus I just really liked Galen.

• I believe St. Elizabeth does this as well. You just have to work there one weekend a month while you are in school and then work there when you graduate. ?My step-sister and cousin's wife did this.?
  • Christ still does the tuition program. Its now 3 years that you work for them after graduation.
  • Yeah, I know they still have the program because I get alumni donation requests for it all the time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Hmm I wonder why she said they weren't doing that anymore.  oh well.
  • I would assume all of the hospitals have tuition reimbursement... I know Bethesda does.  But the Christ deal sounds awesome if they are still doing it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A good friend of mine utilized the St. Elizabeth tuition reimbursement.

She worked at St. E as a CNA while finishing her RN. She started working full time at St. E as an RN after she passed her NCLEX, and has been there about 4 years now.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"