Cincinnati Babies

Teething and poo question

Maggie's got three little white buds that just appeared yesterday, and is appropriately not sleeping well and shoving anything she can into her mouth. Stick out tongue 

She also is experiencing a bit of a change in her, ahem, poo. It's looser than normal and more frequent. I wouldn't call it diarrhea but it's not it's compact self. She also has a diaper rash. Anyone else's little one experience this while teething, or is it just a coinkidink? I feel bad for her, sore mouth and sore bum.

image Ready to rumble.

Re: Teething and poo question

• Owen had three molars come through today and has had the same change in poo.  He's also going more frequently.  It's been going on for the last 3-4 days.
  • Good to know, thanks!
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Loading the player...
  • The change in poo can definitely be caused by teething.  It sucks, doesn't it?  Isn't it a good thing we don't remember what it's like to cut teeth?

But yeah, totally normal, unfortunately.

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Yep, we experienced that!  Still are..LOL!  The pedi said that the excess saliva in the mouth (and hence swallowing of said slobber) can cause loose poo. 
  • Poor thing, I think teething pretty much affects their whole little bodies. Sad
  • We saw a significant change in Madelyn's dirty diapers when her first teeth started arriving around 7 months old. She had very loose stools, and horrible diaper rash. Her GI doc. prescribed Magic Butt Paste from the pharmacist and then Aquaphor on top of the paste 6x a day. It cleared up her rash instantly, and still hasn't come back. :) Hang in there...
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"