Blended Families

Can I slap BM upside the head?! (long)

It is January people!  I realize we live in the South but seriously I just don't get her thought process or maybe it's that she doesn't think at all!

Yesterday was our day to pick her up from school and BM knew we were going out last night to take SD to the circus (it is all SD could talk about) so maybe she was just being a b!tch.  When I drove DH to work it was cold, there was frost on our window and I had to start the car and let it run to warm it up and get the heat going. 

As I left the house to pick up SD that afternoon I considered bringing her winter coat with me or a sweater because I was concerned she wouldn't be dressed appropriately.  I dont know what made me think of it, maybe I just know BM too well at this point.  I didn't bring the stuff with me because I figured SD would be clothed appropriately for the weather.  I get to the school and it is 2:30 and about 43 degrees outside and slightly windy so it feels like it is in the upper 30's.  SD comes out and is wearing capri pants, a thin short sleeve t shirt, and is carrying what I thought was a sweater but no coat.  She gets in the car and I ask her where her coat is and she picks up this thing to show me. 

I can't even describe what this thing is because I honestly don't know what the hell it is.  It is so thin I could actually see through it, it had ugly fringe like she is a cowgirl but in no way shape or form is it A.a coat B.appropriate for the weather conditions.

So then I was pissed, becuase she is supposed to go back to school on friday in no coat now (I don't think so), and I am NOT going to send her in our coat as we will never see it again, since the coat she currently has at BM's was a gift to SD from my MIL and BM just kept it, so we had to buy her a new one because she does this kind of thing. 

We live 30 minutes away so going back to our house to pick up suitable clothes was out of the question so I drove by BM's to see if anyone was home so I could get her jacket but no.  I went to pick DH up from work (he works in retail) and ended up having to buy SD a sweatshirt there so she wouldn't freeze while we were out last night.

It was cold, SD was complaining of being cold in the sweatshirt but was greatful because she at least had that.  When we left after the circus it was in the 30's.

I realize she doesn't have to dress SD apporpriately for where we go but she does need to dress her appropriately for her to go to school and what she was wearing was not warm enough.  SD even said she was cold during recess (which is outside). I then got a closer look at the "jacket" she had that BM apparently bought her. 

SD wears a size 10/12 her coat is a 12 or a 14 I can't remember.  But since she is 8 she wears CHILDREN's clothes.  This 'jacket" was a size 5/6 WOMAN's!  Not even close to being a good size for her, but SD said that BM bought it for her...Why would someone even go shopping for an 8 year old in the woman's section?  She weighs 70lbs it isn't like she is overweight and needs a larger size!

DH was upset and I was annoyed beyond belief.  Now DH has to stop at BM's before he goes to work so he can pick up her actual coat so she has it for Friday.  Seriously BM what the hell were you thinking?!

Re: Can I slap BM upside the head?! (long)

• I did not read it, but I am sure it deserves a resounding YES!!!!! I am going to be sooooo late for work. Oops.
  • You have my permission to slap BM upside the head.  What a moron.
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't we all wish we could slap these stupid BMs for their antics.  DH's ex once sent the kids to NJ in November wearing capris and track suit jackets and packed only warm weather clothes even though we had purchased long pants and sweaters for them and sent prior to that particular trip, of course we never saw those items again - they probably ended up on ebay.  Now we keep coats and boots at our house for them and when it's time for them to go home we take the coat off as they board the plane.  If not we would be broke having to replace their wardrobe every time they visit.
    Misty & Victor Jr. Married August 5, 2006 - St. John, USVI BFP 11/1/09 - Natural M.C. 11/30/09
  • We have 50/50 custody so she has a FULL set of clothes (appropriate sizes and weather conditions) at our house for this week and then next week god knows what BM puts her in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"