Cincinnati Babies

Recommend Your Convertible Car Seat

Hi All!

Looking to buy my mom and dad a convertible car seat for their use with my DS.   What kind do you all recommend?  Any good sales going on?

TIA!

Re: Recommend Your Convertible Car Seat

• We have an Evenflo Titan Elite that was given to us for a shower gift.  We are still using our snugride, so it has not come out of its box yet.  It got good reviews and was not extremely expensive.  Others swear by the Evenflo Triumph.  I may get it for our other car.  I wasn't willing to register for a Britax because of the cost, but those get the biggest raves on here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Oh my...Oliver is getting big.  I LOVE his smile.  Cute pic!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a Britax Marathon for each child.  I got them at Costco a few years ago.  I like them because of the 5 point harness that can be used for up to 60 lbs.  DD is 4 1/2 and is still very comfortable in hers.  They're also easy to adjust and easy to install.

My mom has the Evenflo Triumph in her car and she really likes it as well.

• We have the Britax Boulevard CS. It has all of the same height and weight limits as the Marathon, but it has the True Side Impact pillow things on it. They are really nice. When Rylee falls asleep in it her head just rests on them instead of slumping over.

We got ours at BRU. I went on ebay and bought a 20% off coupon for $1 and saved $65.

• Ours in our car- Evenflo Triumph Advance Premier

https://tinyurl.com/d3semk

The one in my mom's car- Cosco Scenera

https://tinyurl.com/ajvwnh

I highly recommend both!  You will notice that there is a significant difference in price in the one that we use daily in our car, and the one my mom uses on occasion in her car.  She wanted me to pick something out for her to have since it was a hassle installing ours whenever she took Ava somewhere, and I just didn't think it was necessary for her to have an expensive one for very occasional use (maybe once or twice a month Ava is in her car).  ALL carseats are safe.  The ratings they receive are for ease of use, additional features, things like that.  When it comes to safety, they receive a pass/fail grade, and obviously if they fail they cannot put it on the market.  So essentially, no carseat (that you can buy) is safer than another.  As long as it is installed properly and is a good fit in your vehicle, it is safe.

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Also wanted to add that both of these seats can be used rear/forward facing, have the 5-pt harness, are easy to use and DD is happy and comfortable in them.  They also both get 4-5 star ratings from other users on the websites they are sold on.
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Thanks for posting this!  DH asked me to do the same tonight.  :)

• We registered for the Evenflo Symphony convertible car seat. I think it was rated #1 by Consumer Reports.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the Evenflo Triumph Advance DLX. We love it and DS has used it since he was around 9 months old. He's now 20 months old and still very comfortable in it:)

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3028985

Photos taken by Becky Thompson
  • We have the evenflo triumph and DS seems to like it.  I was excited because it was side-impact tested.....I'm weird about stuff like that. 
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • oh...and I think Target may have recently had the evenflo triumph on sale....$119 maybe???
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"