Preemies

Just introducing myself!

I just posted on 2nd Trimester about my past week of adventure bringing our new baby, Zoey Kristine, into this world a little early.  I have not been stalking this board, so I will lay low for a while as I figure out what end is up. 

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Just introducing myself!

• Hi! I'm from the 2nd tri board. I just read your post over there- Wow! I can't believe how all of this played out! I'm so happy that little Zoey is doing well and I will be praying for her! She is beautiful!

In your 2nd tri post, you said that you were going to post over here  (sorry for bugging you on this board)- so I thought I would ask you a question that several other girls asked in your post on 2nd tri (I'm guessing you didn't see it). How many weeks along were you when you had Zoey?

Good luck to you and your new family! I will be praying! Keep us posted on 2nd tri too!

Take care!

Oh- I should also mention that I went into preterm labor wiht my son and was shot up with terbutaline to stop the labor. Thankfully it worked. This time, my doctors are considering starting me on preventative drugs ahead of time as a precaution. I can relate to how scary it is to be in labor and not be able to do a thing about it. Your story however, seems to have quite an incredible ending!  :)

• Congrats on being a mami! The ladies on this board are amazing. Please feel free to post at anytime. NICU life is hard and only us preemie moms can fully understand.?

?

Zeidy?

• Loading the player...
  • I've been reading the 2nd tri board and remembered your first post. Glad to hear everything is going well. How many weeks were you when she was born? I am also in OH and just curious as to what hospital you are in. I have many NICU friends in central OH hospitals from nursing school. Hope is all going well! You and your new family are in our prayers!
  • According to my calendar, I was 25 weeks and 2 days.  The gestational age that has been identified by the NICU is 27 weeks.  I never knew what a huge difference a couple weeks makes! 

Thank you for the early support!  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congratulations on your daughter!
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Welcome to the board and congrats on the birth of your baby!  My DS was born at 26 weeks.  He is now a happy, healthy 3 year old with no problems from being born so early.  The NICU can be very scary and overwhelming.  Please feel free to ask any questions here or just vent if you need too.  Everyone is very helpful! 
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Thanks so much!  Overwhelming seems to be the word of the day!  Where do we start, right?  I am now laughing at the hours I wasted on various checklists and timelines...we literally have nothing ready for our little one.  :)  However, we are blessed to be working with Akron Children's Hospital in Akron, Ohio, and their efforts with us have already been amazing.  I truly feel blessed. 
  • Congrats!  My baby was born at 27 weeks as well.  Just ask the nurses/dr.'s a lot of questions, that's what they are there for!  I hope your baby has a speedy NICU experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations and welcome, this is a great board.
  • congrats and welcome. my children were born at 26 weeks 1 day. ?they were 1 lb 13 oz and 1 lb 13.5 oz at birth. ?they spent 88 and 80 days in the nicu. ?it was a long journey filled with ups and downs. ?they are now happy healthy 1 year old toddlers. ?i can't believe how far they've come in a year. the strength of your daughter will amaze you. ?this board is incredible. the women are extremely knowledgeable and supportive. ?i look forward to getting to know you.

-april?

• Welcome!  My DD was born at 27 weeks, 6 days and is doing great.  Like the others said, this board is awesome and very supportive.  I don't know what I would have done without them this past year.  Feel free to post questions, vent, and celebrate here!
  • Congrats and welcome. My twins were born at 26w, 6d and they are doing really well now. My son was in the NICU for 54 days and my daughter 89. I'm wishing you all the best and please post whenever you need too.
  • Welcome! And congratulations of your beautiful baby daughter.... Many of us would recommend the book Preemies: The Essential Guide to Parenting. It is really a great place to start and has lots of info about the NICU and what to expect.

I hope everything goes smoothly and your daughter is home soon.

• imageDenesdia:
    Thanks so much!  Overwhelming seems to be the word of the day!  Where do we start, right?  I am now laughing at the hours I wasted on various checklists and timelines...we literally have nothing ready for our little one.  :)  However, we are blessed to be working with Akron Children's Hospital in Akron, Ohio, and their efforts with us have already been amazing.  I truly feel blessed. 

Aww! My baby spent 34 days in the NICU at Akron Children's Hospital. You are in great hands! Welcome to the board!

• Congrats momma! Just know that we are all here for you with lots of support, answers, and ((HUGS))!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    IVF 1=BFP, beta #1 8dp5dt 24, beta #2 12dp5dt 50, beta #3 14dp5dt 88.9
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Weishaars' World
  • Thanks so much, ladies!  Things continue to look promising and Zoey is becoming known as a spitfire on the unit.  Wink We might be discontinuing the ventilator in the coming day or so if we continue to progress at this pace!  Updates to follow...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"