Northern California Babies

Co-sleeping and bed sharing

I always thought these two words were the same thing but today I was with some other new moms and they were saying the two are different. That co-sleeping doesn't have to be in the same bed just the same room. Now I am confused so how do you guys define and differentiate the two?

Re: Co-sleeping and bed sharing

• I never really thought about that.  But bed sharing is very different than having the baby in your room, IMO. 
  • I know there is a product called a co-sleeper that is like a pack-n-play with the bassinet but one wall is missing (you put it up against your side of the bed) so that you are sharing a space but they have their own space so you aren't going to roll on them but you can take a baby out for easy access for breast feeding and what not.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We co-slept for the first four months, but M was not in our bed, he was in a seperate cosleeper that attached to the side of our bed. Maybe that's what they were referring to?
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • when I say that we are co-sleeping, I mean that we bedshare. The definition of co-sleeping really does just mean sleeping in the same room though.
  • imageKellyMarierockstarwife:
    when I say that we are co-sleeping, I mean that we bedshare. The definition of co-sleeping really does just mean sleeping in the same room though.

Interesting, thanks. I have always said we aren't co-sleeping but I guess by those definitions we are, just not bed sharing.

• The 2 are very different and not the same, though bed-sharing is a form of co-sleeping... co-sleeping, to me, means sleeping in the same room...whether it is in the same bed, next to your bed, in a separate crib but in the same room. Bed sharing is the obvious and what we love to do...Aidan has been sleeping in our bed since day 1 and we wouldn't have it any other way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"