Austin Babies
Options

Contractions + Cramping

I know I need to slow down and get off my feet. I know that's what's causing the thousands of BH contractions I have in a day...but yesterday I had a lot of period-like cramping on top of the contractions. This has continued into today. The cramping lasts even after the contractions stop, but I'm not having any spotting, baby is still kicking up a storm, and they're not terribly painful or anything.

I haven't called yet because the contractions aren't timeable right now (which is when they want me to call because I have BH contractions ALL the time)...but should I? Or is the cramping just a new thing that happens as you get further and further along?

Also, am I the only one that has contractions all the time? I probably get 4-5 an hour all day long. They go away when I rest and put my feet up, but if I'm moving around, I'm having them. When I told the doctor this at my last appt., he wasn't concerned. He just said to watch for them to become timeable.

Re: Contractions + Cramping

• Options
    I would go ahead and call. Menstrual type cramps can be a sign of your cervix changing. I would definitely want to be checked for PTL. It may be  nothing, but better safe than sorry.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options
    Call! I had DD at 32 weeks. Better to be safe!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree, call about the cramping.

I had A LOT of BH contractions starting at about 20 weeks. I think I remember them saying that if I had more than five an hour (which happened, often), I needed to call. But then when I did call, they would just say to drink a lot of water and lay down.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It wouldn't hurt to call. What do BH contractions feel like? I get a tightening sensation sometimes, but I don't know if that's just DD pressing on my stomach or not.
  • Options

I just had to go to L&D because I was having sooooo many BH contractions.  Seriously, I was having more than 6 an hour and the reason I'm on bedrest is b/c I was having them every 5 minutes for more than an hour in a row so you're not the only one getting them all the time!

When I was discharged from L&D, they told me if I had "period like cramps" to call my doctor or come right into the hospital.  So...yes.  I'd be concerned and call or go in.  

Oh, and while I was in L&D, the contractions I thought I'd been having were actually just "mild irritations".  Huh!  Go figure.  She said they weren't anything to worry about and I'd know when they got worse, but I am so glad I went in and found that out.  Go in, it's for your well-being and your little bubby's.

• Options

I called and they're having me monitor them and to go in if they persist. I have an appointment on Wednesday and they said that if I don't come in, I'll definitely have an internal to see what's going on. Yuck :(

So far, they've gone away as long as I'm laying on my side. I'm really praying that this isn't the beginning of bed rest!

• Options

imagebobcatsteph:
    It wouldn't hurt to call. What do BH contractions feel like? I get a tightening sensation sometimes, but I don't know if that's just DD pressing on my stomach or not.

For me, it starts on the sides of my belly and works it's way around to the front. It feels like DS is pressing hard on my stomach (to make it firm), but it's over the entire thing...like from a few inches below my boobs to my pubic bone. Most of the time they don't hurt, but they're pretty uncomfortable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"