Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

OK, what the hell is going on here?

I don't get this...

I posted last weekend that I was having a miscarriage.  Long story short, I have had awesome HCG levels and last Friday had an internal ultrasound because I have been spotting brown blood.  My HCG was over 45000, they saw a sac, but no baby and I was 5 weeks 4 days (which I've read can be too early to see a baby).  Anyway, when I got home I took a nap and noticed bright red blood when I went to the bathroom.

DH and I rushed to the closest ER (Not the same lab as my previous blood tests) and they took another blood test and told me that my HCG level was 33000 and I was going to have a miscarriage.  I had no cramping at that point.

Of course it was devastating and I continued that bleed that night - red blood, no clots or anything but a bunch of red blood.  I cried all weekend, and on Sunday has some red blood with small clots, then on Tuesday I had red blood and not much since (other than my typical brown spotting blood - sorry this is so TMI).

I figured this was the mircarriage and have been trying to deal with this all week and accept it.  I had some stabbing pains in my uterus area also.

So today I go for a blood test at my OB (The same lab as all but the ER blood test) and my HCG is over 100,000!  The doctor tells me that every lab is different and the 33,000 number at the other hospital could have been the same as their 45,000 number.  She ordered another ultrasound on Monday.

I'm shocked and don't now what this means.  I'm no longer bloated my still have sore boobs and my temps are still up (I haven't stopped charting).

Any ideas???  I don't fricken get it and this is going to be consuming me all weekend!

Thanks you so much,

Heather

Re: OK, what the hell is going on here?

• BTW, sorry for all of the typo's - I am freaking out a little bit!
  • Your HCGs are great! and it is wonderful that they continued to go up and more than double! Try to take it easy this weekend and push lots of fluids.  It does not mean the worst, listen to your doctor and good luck with the ultrasound on Monday.  My toughts and prayers are with you.  Remember, it is not over until they numbers confirm it, and your numbers are definately not confirming a loss. 

Good Luck and try to relax.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I love you.  Thank you!!!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it's so hard.....

• I woudl just try to relax until the u/s. You won't really know much more until then. Good luck and don't give up hope!
  • Wow... hold onto hope until you get that U/S. It's possible that you had a small subchrionic hemmorhage, or something like that, and the baby is fine.
  • Stay positive! Hopefully you will see your baby on Monday.
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. Best wishes for Monday.
  • Have hope! I had a similar situation with my second pregnancy. I went in to have my numbers checked after a week or more of spotting/bleeding/cramping. My HCG numbers dropped by 3000 (I think I can't remember for sure). Anyway, I was told I was miscarrying, but when I didn't continue to bleed they had me come in for an ultrasound. I went in expecting to see nothing, but ended up seeing a heartbeat! The doctors couldn't explain it, but when I went to give birth there was a second bag of water which may have been from a lost twin (which would have caused the bleeding, dropping numbers etc in the beginning). Good luck to you!
  • Oh my, your post just lightened my spirits a bit.  Your situation sounds so similar to mine.  When was the first day of your last period if you don't mind me asking? Mine was Dec 28. I am just wondering so I can compare my HCG levels when I get my bloodwork done on Monday....

My story - I had 4 negative preg tests (urine) last weekend and my period was due Sun.  I was due to have a f/u mammogram on Wed so when my period didn't come on Sun I called my OB on Mon for a blood test to confirm I wasn't pregnant. I was totally shocked when they called me Mon afternoon to tell me I am pregnant! We've been trying for 4 mos so I was elated.  But then today at noon I started bleeding - started with a few small clots then switched to bright red all day.  It sounds so similar to your situation.  I called the OB today and she said they'll do bloodwork first thing Mon and again on Wed to compare the HCG levels. She said it would be too early to do a vag ultrasound.  Also, the blood test this past Mon did not measure my hormone levels, darn, I was hoping I'd have that to compare with on Monday but I won't find out till freaking Wed if I have miscarried! I'm totally freaking out and I'm going crazy with worry. Wow, didn't mean for this to turn into my own post here.  I hope you are around to respond :-)

Good luck to you. I'm so happy for you that your levels are high!!!!

~Angela

• Glad to hear your numbers are up.... I know what a roller coaster you have been on. Good luck to you.
  • Thanks you guys.  I have heard that bleeding isn't normal but is very common in early pregnancy.  I have an ultrasound scheduled at 3:20 today so hopefully I'll find out for sure today.  I stopped bleeding red blood on Tuesday, I think, and have had the same brown spotting since my BFP.  I'll post later on with an update.  I pray it's good news, but I'm also very scared.  I would have been 7 weeks today so if the baby did survive, hopefully we'd see something today.  We'll see....

• Oh, an Angela, My LMP was Nov 27, but I have long cycles and was charting.  I know that I ovulated on December 29.  I hope that helps.

I know how hard it is.  This is honestly the craziest thing I've ever been though.

• Thanks! I hope you had great news today with your ultrasound. My thoughts are with you!

The nurse called me at 5pm today and told me my hcg level reading was only a 1, which is extremely low, so that means I definitely miscarried and there's no need to do anything else.  I had reached a place where I knew I'd be okay and it was meant to be.  It doesn't take the sadness away but it helps. It especially helped knowing that I'm not alone, with all the support I see here on this site, but I do wish I were alone and no one had to go through this.

Hope you're feeling great soon :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"