Indiana Babies

NBR: Dog treat question

I posted on the pets board also, but the ladies here are always so helpful so I thought I'd try here.

does anyone know what types of dog treats/bones are safe and unsafe to give? We like to give our dog stuff to chew on to keep him busy during this weather since we can't be outside a lot for walks. He's a really laid back dog but gets bored when we're in the house all the time. We don't have the "gulping" problem with him, but I want to be using treats that can be digested and won't cause small bowel obstructions.

Suggestions? thanks!

Re: NBR: Dog treat question

• We give our dogs nylabones and the super hard bones with the marrow in the middle... occupies them for hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• We're exactly the same as Becca!  They freak out about the marrow.  It's terribly disgusting- but it makes them totally happy and occupied.
  • Loading the player...
  • our dogs favorite is the marrow bones also, but we only give them on occasion and I'd like to find something I can give regularly (since the bones can get expensive).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"