Special Needs
Options

Case Managers for Insurance

Someone on this board told me that I should get a case manager in dealing with my insurance company & I have to say thanks soooooo much for that bit of advice.  I have called and talked to numerous different people from my insurance and never seem to get anywhere.  I was really starting to get ancy dealing with them denying treatment requests for certain physicians and for human growth hormone for PWS. 

Yesterday I decided to finally ask for one.  I called and was transferred maybe 3 times until I finally spoke to our very own case manager.  She approved payment at 80% for a doctor that had already been denied!  Plus she said that she understands that HGH is a recognized treatment for PWS and she'll work hard to help me get coverage for it.  Normally they just tell me deny deny deny.  I was so happy to feel like I was being helped for once! 

It was a good piece of advice & I really appreciate it.  Not sure that my mom brain will let me remember who specifically gave it to me though . . .

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"