Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Those of you who had "testing of the products of conception"

how long did it take to get them back?......I hate that quote but know that is what the OB uses so I figured I would use it here.  Just wondering if at my 2 week post surgery I will have any answers or does it take longer than that?  ((((HUGS))))) to all of you!

I also really can't wait to have all my rpl testing done....I am anxious!

Re: Those of you who had "testing of the products of conception"

• Options

Mine took longer than that both times but it depends what testing is done.   They can do basic testing or do the full chromosomal analysis.   I had the chromosomal analysis twice.

I did have partial results back within a week or two the second time -- simply that it did not appear to be a partial molar pregnancy based on preliminary examination.

• Options
    The inital testing (for infection, etc..) only took two weeks.  For the chromosomal testing it took six weeks for me to find out that the testing didn't work and we had no definite answers.  I hope you get some answers from yours.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my f/u appointment yesterday, three weeks after surgery, and the results weren't in yet. He expects them any day though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They did a chromosome analysis of the baby from my third pregnancy.  It took a little less than 2 weeks for the results to come in.  I live in a small town though, so things seem to get done much faster with the local hospital.  Good luck.
  • Options
    I think about 2 weeks, although beware if it comes back 46XX...that could be YOUR tissue/blood that could have been tested and not necessarily a healthy girl.  Although that is still possible, you just won't know for sure.  If it is 46XY then you know you had a healthy boy. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 1st m/c July 2008, 2nd m/c December 2008, Baby boy born in 2009!, 3rd m/c (c/p) June 2011, 4th m/c September 2011
  • Options

Our Dr. said we should have at least a partial report on Tuesday when we go in for our f/u.  It will be 2 weeks after D&E as well.  But our Dr. said it might just start out with chrom. # 13, 18, and 21  then go from there. 

• Options
    It took 3-4 weeks to get everything back.  As pps mentioned, we had some basic info earlier but it took 3-4 wks to get the full chromosomal analysis.

• Options

Stupid Nest.  Sorry for the double post.

• Options

Sorry I should have put genetic testing because the pathology report was back in 3 days.  The genetic testing I know takes awhile because they have to try and grow it but I was wondering how long.  Thanks to all you ladies and best of luck to each one of you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"