Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Follow-up visit - post D&C

So I had my follow-up appointment today. On Monday, when the nurse called me, she said that the doctor would discuss my test results with me. So I had DH go with me. Yeah, when I got there, he said they didn't have my results yet but he expected them any day. Fab. So basically DH took off work so he could watch some other man feel up his wife's hoo-ha. The doctor also told me that all the nurses enjoyed my pleasant demeanor before the surgery - they said I was cracking them up. I guess I'm funny when I'm distraught.

But despite that (and I don't blame him - it's not his fault that the results aren't back) I'm telling you guys, I'm half in love with my doctor. I have heard horror stories of heartless OBs on this board and from my friends. I feel so lucky that my doctor treats my loss as a loss and not something clinical and cold, and that he's proactive. He outlined several things we could do if the testing does not give us a clear reason for the loss. He said, "A lot of people [doctors] want to wait until you've had two losses before we take these steps, but I just don't feel right telling someone that she has to lose another baby before we do simple bloodwork to see if there's anything wrong that we can fix." He had also, after the first u/s that I had that showed that the baby had stopped developing, told us to get another u/s before we scheduled the D&C if we felt that that would give us peace.

Oh, and I circumspectly asked him what would happen if a couple happened to be careless with birth control after a m/c, and he said, "Well, it wouldn't be the end of the world." I said, "Not that DH and I would EVER not be careful," and DH blushed, and the doctor and the nurse laughed. So I don't feel so bad about that now.

I am still really disappointed. I was hoping to get some answers today. But it'll be ok. I'll find out in the next week or so. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Follow-up visit - post D&C

• I'm sorry you weren't able to get any answers.  But I am so glad that you were able to at least visit with your doctor and it sounds like he is going to be proactive for you.  It sounds like you have a great doctor.  It sounds like you have a great attitude about waiting for your results. 

Hugs. 

Suzanne
    Mama to Lewis Elijah-11/18/05
    and Evangeline Mae - 12/06/07
    and two angels 3/17/07 at 5w and 12/16/08 - 11w partial molar pregnancy with bonus chemo
    Best Kind to Have-blog
  • I am sorry you didn't get your results. I hope he gets them soon. My appt is Monday. I can't believe it's been almost 6 weeks since my surgery.
  • Loading the player...
  • Im sorry that you didn't get your answers today.  It is true about the doctor too.  I switched docs during the m/c because my doc was out of town and I had to deal with my first doc's nasty heartless staff.  I ended up staying with his on-call doc because he is great and his office staff is caring too.  (The first doc was new to me...so I wasn't bailing on a long time doc bc of staff)  Anyways...having a doc that is caring and supportive is great, especially in instances like this.

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• I'm sorry you didn't get the test results today :( That was sweet of DH to go with you, though. And it's great you have such a supportive dr. Keep us posted about the results- I know it's hard waiting (I'm 3 wks post D&C this Fri. and we were told 2-4 wks for test results).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm glad to hear that your followup appointment went well and that your doc is taking time to make sure you're doing alright.  Sounds like you've made quite an impression on you doctor's office :-)
  • imageLeah&Cole:
    I'm glad to hear that your followup appointment went well and that your doc is taking time to make sure you're doing alright.  Sounds like you've made quite an impression on you doctor's office :-)

I suspect that they think I'm a little nuts. Stick out tongue

• He sounds really great... that personal touch is invaluable. I hope that the b/w will give you some answers or at least some useful information!
  • If you didnt say that your dr was a HE then I would swear that we had the same dr. 

I am so happy that you are at least having a good experiance with your doctor through all of this.  That makes it a little better!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"