Alabama Babies

Doctor prescribed Clomid

I had to go for blood work on Tuesday to test my Progesterone levels to see if I was ovulating.  The doc's office called me back this afternoon.

It appears that I am not ovulationg "well" (those were her words). My levels are really low.  I asked her if I was ovulating at all, and she said "Are you getting your period every month?"  I told her yes and pretty regularly.  Anywhere from days 28-32.  I told her I have been temping and my charts are showing I ovulate, but of course I realize that the only sure fire way to tell is blood work.  Either way if AF shows up next week then I am going to take my first cycle of Clomid.  

I'm not really sure how I feel about it.  I have been doing some research and it seems okay enough.  I'm not sure if any of you had to take it?  I'm going to talk to one of my friends who had to take it (she has PCOS).  

I just wanted to let ya'll know.  I'm hoping (keeping fingers crossed and sending lots of prayers) that AF doesn't show next week.  But at least if she does then here's to hoping that this works for me.  

Re: Doctor prescribed Clomid

• I'm praying no af next week!!! Either way I hope it happens for you soon!!

I *think* Sarah took Clomid but maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully someone will have some advice for you!

• I have some good friends that took Clomid and did okay on it.  I'm really hoping that you get a BFP soon!!!  ::baby dust tossed your way::

• Loading the player...
  • I have a couple of friends that had to take Clomid and they had no problems.  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck!! Hopefully this will help things!
  • Clomid can make you ovulate "stronger".  You do want your prog levels to be high but you might ask about also doing ultrasounds around CD 13-14 instead of having to go get blood drawn.  This will also let the doctor monitor if you have a) too many mature follicles (unless you want a litter of kids!) or b) if you have any cysts, which are common side effects of clomid.  The dr will also be able to SEE your follicles and can tell if you're ovulating or not.

I also charted - which isn't necessarily recommended, my temps were a little wacky but it helped me keep tabs of the CM patterns

My periods were also pretty heavy while I was on Clomid - so beware of that.

oye and the nausea - ..ugh! 

I hope this works for you! 

• My coworker got prescribed clomid, and it worked...the very first try. So good luck, it definitely works for a lot of people!!
  • Well, I'm definitely glad you have a plan of action! I also know a lot of people who were prescribed Clomid - some if worked great for and some not - I guess pretty much like any treatment.  Here's hoping this is it for you!!!  Lots of baby dust your way!!!
  • I'm late to this but I know I have to go for my blood work in April for this same reason.  That is one of the reasons we wanted me off the BCP early to see how I ovulated, etc.  So in April when I go in my dr is supposed to do the same "checks".

I know Sarah has given you some more info but I hope all goes well and am wishing you lots of luck w/it!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"