Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

THIS is why I HATE the term "preggers"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pregger

1. pregger 32 up, 7 down love ithate it

slang term for a pregnant woman, aka PREGO, but used in a pugnacious form
you damn pregger, getting all up in my grill over *** child support payments
2. pregger 25 up, 11 down love ithate it

A pregger is a female human who is with child. As the abdominal bulge becomes more obvious, the individual's status may change to "wicked pregger."
Wicked preggers are a dime a dozen over in suitcase city, and most will let you drink their milk, for a price.
3. pregger 17 up, 10 down love ithate it

pregger: a pregnant women on her mood swings are bitchy so it can be used to describe someone that is bitchy or just an ***
Man, Richar is not denzel that guy is just a pregger.

Re: THIS is why I HATE the term "preggers"

• Options

because of how the urban dictionary defines it?

• Options
    You hate the term because you don't like what urban dictionary says it means?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ehhh...it doesn't bother me so much.
  • Options

I don't get it.  I don't think of it as an urban word--if anything it sounds 'hickish'--but nonetheless...I like it :)  Although I prefer knocked up.

• Options
    I don't like it because it's bad English and it's derogatory to pregnant women and women in general.
  • Options

imageHippy:
    it's derogatory to pregnant women and women in general.

according to the urban dictionary.

• Options

imageHippy:
    I don't like it because it's bad English and it's derogatory to pregnant women and women in general.

it sounds just as stupid as prego.  it's as if people can't say "pregnant" or something.  because it verifies you had sex?  what?  i don't get it.

• Options

I hate Urban Dictionary!

It's full of a bunch of ignorant sh!t that gullible, sheltered suburbanites use to poke fun at poor, uneducated 'urban' people.

I'm not calling you a gullible, sheltered suburbanite. Unless you are one.

• Options
    I don't like the term either.  To me, it means trashy pregnant woman.  How hard is it to say pregnant?
  • Options

You're an odd duck.

• Options
    imagelanie26:

You're an odd duck.

Me...well we knew that. LOL  I still don't like the word and it bugs me when people use it.  Maybe I was brainwashed by BOTB.

• Options

BOTB doesn't like the word pregnant either. I remember them freaking out at some poor chick who announced their pregnancy.

Anyone who starts an "I'm pregnant!" post was immediately flamed. They decided the best way to announce your pregnancy was not at all, ever.

BOTB is generally full of people who believe what is written in urban dictionary.

• Options
    I dislike the general cutification of pregnancy.  So preggers, preggie, prego, and the like all vaguely irritate me for the same reason that the sentence, "OMG I have a supercute baby belly but what's going on with my va-jay-jay" vaguely irritates me.
  • Options
    I'm lost b/c I've never even heard of an urban dictionary, oh well. The term "preggers" does not offend me, carry on.
  • Options
    one thing I can tell you is urban dictionary isn't really the best source for any slang term. i'm not even sure by which auspices they consider themselves "urban."
  • Options
    The word annoys me too. Plus, it's not like it is any easier to say. They both have 8 lettes and two syllables. I dislike prego too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like #3. I think it was written by a 4 year old (no offense to Ry).
    image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"