Maryland Babies

anyone deliver @ GBMC?

thoughts? were you happy? how is their new center? TIA

Re: anyone deliver @ GBMC?

• My sil did in aug 06 and june 08. She seemed to like it there The only thing is they are very strict with visitation. She did have a few nasty nurses but you will have that anywhere.
  • Love it. ?My nurses where great. ?They were very friendly. ?The birthing rooms are really large. ?I spent almost 24 hours in one, until I ended up with a c-section. ?The post partum rooms are small, but nice. ?I was very happy with everything. ?Very clean and looks appealing to the eye.
  • Loading the player...
  • I thought they were great!  A nasty nurse here and there, but even by the end, she was decent too.  They were very helpful and made me feel as at home as you can feel in a hospital.  I agree that their visitation is strict, but I liked that - I wanted germs as far away as possible from my baby!  I'm delivering there again in Aug.
  • DElivered there 5 weeks ago- they were wonderful!  Not a single mean person, a beautiful birthing room and postpartum room, a wonderful cafeteria (so i heard about that one)- we are reccomending GBMC to All our friends- you will be great, good luck!
    Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker image
  • I delivered there in 2006, before their most recent renovations. But it was great! They have a great lactation program/support network there too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did not deliver at GBMC because I heard really awful things about it.  First off they don't let you go more than a day in labor which means if you are a slow dialator you'll end up with a c-section.  They have twice the number of rooms as a hospital like Sinai and Sinai's c-section rate is HALF of GBMC and they take care of the same number of patients.  Go figure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

• Fabulous hospital! Fabulous staff! I would recommend this hospital to anyone with no hesitations. 

• We loved our experience!  Everyone was attentive and kind.  I highly recommend GBMC.  They have great parent education classes too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"