Baby Showers
Options

When to throw shower?

My SIL is in her 2nd trimester, obviously we will be waiting a few more months befor throwing a shower.  But when is the best time? and who is suppose to throw it? What are my duties as her SIL?

Re: When to throw shower?

• Options

They usually say to throw them two months before the due date, so you give her time to buy the rest of the items that she didn't get, and a lot of times after that you are really uncomfortable.

There isn't a certain person who is "supposed" to throw her a shower, but if you feel like you would like to host it, then you can go ahead and mention to her now and get her thoughts. She would probably love it.

And you have no "duties" as her SIL. Just to be the auntie.

• Options
    6-8 wks before EDD.  Anyone willing can throw the shower.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBailey_07:
    6-8 wks before EDD.  Anyone willing can throw the shower.

agreed

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I'd ask your SIL what she wants to do.  Perhaps they are in a finacial situation and it would be easier for them to have the shower earlier so that they can plan.  Or maybe other people have offered to throw her showers and her calender is getting full??  Where are you going to have it?  If you are going to have it at a public place, some times they can fill up way in advance.  Go with what works best for you SIL. 

I've been to showers thrown by the Grandma to-be's friend, friend of the mom to-be, aunts, co - workers and siblings (of the mom to be).  I think that it would be really sweet of you as an SIL to throw a shower. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I threw my sister shower at 30 weeks mostly because it was the best date available in her schedule (she's in med school).  I'm glad we did it when we did because 2 days later she started having contractions.  Due to complications she'll probably be delivering around 34ish weeks.  So it's a good thing her shower is over, she doesn't have to worry about it and she already has most of the stuff she'll need for a while.

As far as who is supposed to throw it she is my only sis so of course I was going to throw her a shower!  I don't think there is any sort of protocol as to whol is supposed to throw it.  I think it's anyone who is willing.

3/10 IVF #1 TWINS! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"