Baby Showers

Menu

I'm planning my first ever baby shower for a good friend. I've started planning the menu and thought I'd get some opinions. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Chicken salad and croissants, meat balls, taco salad, veggie tray, and grape salad. Does this sound like enough? I was thinking about throwing in some cheesy potatoes and/or mexican pizze squares. I'm thinking cup cakes and oreo cookie cake for dessert.

Does this sound like a good menu?

TTC since 10.07~Diagnosed with PCOS 08.08~4 rounds of clomid=BFN~Took a break from meds... Surprise BFP 03.29.09~ Natural m/c 04.06.09~50mg clomid & progesterone 06.09=BFN

Adoption made our wish come true 12.21.11~JEC 11.10.10

Surprise BFP on 03.26.16! EDD 11.28.16

Re: Menu

• Sounds good - maybe you could add fresh fruit?
  • Sounds great but I agree with pp and think about adding fresh fruit.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am throwing one in a couple of weeks.  Most everything I can do the day before.  I was thinking very easy when I did it.  Here is my menu

Chicken broccoli bake

Stuffed mushrooms

Greek salad

Chips and dip

Cupcakes and sugar cookies for dessert

Your menu also looks good.  I think that would be plenty of food.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I for one am salivating... looks like a delicious menu!
  • Sounds good - but what is grape salad?

I think adding the pizza squares would be great - finger food is perfect and those sound good!

• Sounds good! And I have to say that you are a great friend for throwing a shower while you are trying yourself. That would have been too hard for me.
  • imageGM&DG:
    Sounds good! And I have to say that you are a great friend for throwing a shower while you are trying yourself. That would have been too hard for me.

Thank you, I have a bad day now and then, but I'm absolutely thrilled that I get to be involved and I'm truly happy for the parents-to-be!

TTC since 10.07~Diagnosed with PCOS 08.08~4 rounds of clomid=BFN~Took a break from meds... Surprise BFP 03.29.09~ Natural m/c 04.06.09~50mg clomid & progesterone 06.09=BFN

• imageEmcat:

Sounds good - but what is grape salad?

I think adding the pizza squares would be great - finger food is perfect and those sound good!

Grape salad is a combination of red and green grapes with cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla extract, and sugar. Topped with brown sugar and pecans (if desired). Pretty good stuff! Here's the recipe:

• 4 pounds seedless green grapes
    • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
    • 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
    • 1/2 cup white sugar
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 4 ounces chopped pecans
    • 2 tablespoons brown sugar

Wash and dry grapes. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Add grapes and mix until evenly incorporated. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans, refrigerate until ready to serve.

• Thanks ladies! I definitely feel more confident with my choices.

• Everything sounds great individually!!! The taco salad sounds out of whack with the rest of the menu. A Greek salad or spinach salad with cranberries, blu cheese and walnuts might flow better.

My thoughts -

• Apps - meatballs, veggie tray 
    • Chicken salad (w/cashews) on mini croissants or half croissants. Regular size is usually a little big but check out your local store. Assemble ahead of time (1 hr before party) with a nice piece of red lettuce in each.
    • Greek salad pre-dressed (kalamata olives, romaine, feta, roma tomatos)
    • Green Bean Salad - Lightly steam green beans, rinse and cool. Add champagne vinegrette (lightly) with seeded grape tomato quarters, fresh garlic and fresh thyme. Toss. (Red and green make for great presentation in a pretty bowl.)
    • Grape Salad - Not sure what this is or if it goes with lunch or dessert. Sounds good either way.
    • Dessert - Cupcakes and/or Oreo cake. If you want to go fancy and you are using actual plates buy one of those containers of chocolate or raspberry syrup and drizzle the bottom of the plate before you serve.
    • Beverages - I love Martinelli's sparkling cider.

Good Luck!!!

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"