Stay at Home Moms

What's the longest stretch you've been cooped up w/ the kid(s)?

We live in a REALLY cold climate and it's too big a hassle to bring the boys out in sub-zero temps.  I think I set a record of 7 days where the boys didn't leave the house (I did at night to go shopping,etc) but otherwise, I'll make a point to take them out at least a couple times a week for their stim as well as mine.

Re: What's the longest stretch you've been cooped up w/ the kid(s)?

• I think only 2 or 3 days for us, but I make a point to get out every day, so even one day at home is a long time to me!
  • At least a week maybe more. I hate the cold and really don't like taking DS out in it. I just make my hubby pick things up on his way home from work!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Probably 2 or 3 days. If its really rainy and cold, I don't take the baby out if I don't have too.
  • 3 horrible weeks.  Around Thanksgiving the boys had RSV so we were under house arrest for 2 weeks.  As they were finally getting better I got a staph infection on the tip of my nose and it looked so horrible I didn't want to go anywhere. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I leave the house on Saturday nights to go to work, but my kids haven't been out since last Thursday. My husband doesn't like me taking them out in the cold.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • I went two weeks when DS had rubella. He felt great after the first two days, but I didn't want to expose anybody else. It was tough because that was when the weather was still nice and he really wanted to go play outside.

I hate going out in the cold weather too but we get out at least a couple times a week unless the ice is really awful, I hate driving in it!

• For us it's probably 6-7 days.  We usually need to go to the store once a week for something! But I hate driving in the snow & bundling up DD, etc.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we're going on 3 days now - ugh!  we've been hit w/ the snow and ice.  i might "make" us go out to dinner tonight.
  • Gack! How do you manage that long? Do you all have enormous houses?  The longest we've ever stayed in is 24 hours - and even then, it's only been about 1 or 2 time since DD was born.

• imageKamiSuzanne:
    At least a week maybe more. I hate the cold and really don't like taking DS out in it. I just make my hubby pick things up on his way home from work!

Ditto

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh no, are you doing alright being cooped up for so long or are you one of those people who can thrive under any circumstance and are doing just fine?  :)

Our climate is very mild all year round, we can always get outside and there's a ton to do, indoors, in our area so, I can only imagine what it must feel like to be forced to stay indoors, not by choice.  :(  I had a stomach flu that kept Emily and I indoors for 4 straight days (weekdays that is) and I thought I might die of cabin fever.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"