Secondary IF

traveling and infertility

So every March my DH and I try and get away for some couple time and DS stays with my parents.

Last year at this time I still hadn't seen the RE so no meds, nothing to worry about.  This year is a different story.  I am now on injectables and need a lot of monitoring. 

So, my questions are:  Do you just plan a vacation and then take a break that cycle?  Do you try and guess when the 2ww would be and schedule a trip then (Which would mean planning a trip at the last minute since my cycles are kind of crazy)?  Do you try and travel with meds and not get as much monitoring?  Do you just not travel.

Right now I am tempted to just schedule something and see.  I feel like I have put so many things on hold because of infertility.  I am thinking a break might be good for me.  Not to mention I am in the 2ww and so am still hopful that I won't need to worry about this.

IDK WDYT?

Re: traveling and infertility

• I rather like the idea of just scheduling something, then dealing w/ it as it comes- I've put way too much aside and on hold b/c of ttc, and I'm trying to stop planning my life around it. That said, I still obsess!
  • I schedule things during the 2ww!  That way I don't deal with meds etc while I am supposed to be having fun.  And honestly... it takes my mind off of things!

BTW Penguin... how many days post IUI are you?

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a week out tomorrow.  My doctor says not to test until the 9th - but my AF always comes early.
  • Than you are almost there it sounds like! GL!
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • I have learned not to plan trips around my cycles/monitoring. It just never seems to work out anyway, unless you think you can kinda guess ahead and pick what you think is the best time. Otherwise, I would just do meds and timing if it falls over the vacation. Who knows, maybe the relaxation will help things out a bit. I never completely skip a cycle. I just can't afford to do that mentally. It drives me nuts. I would rather just use OPKs and meds and see what happens.
  • This is tough, b/c I've felt like I'm scheduling my life around my infertility for a while now.  That said, I'd still try and do it during the 2ww. :)  If you were able to work out the timing, what a better way to keep you mind off things than a little alone time?
  • injectibles and not monitoring is not an option with my RE - and I'd be kind of scared of any doctor who thinks that would be ok.

I'd skip a cycle if I had a vacation planned.

- Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"