D.C. Area Babies

Artslvr

FULL TERM BABY!!!

Updates :-)

How did this weeks appt go?

I had mine yesterday...more progress...2cm 70% effaced

Doc seems to think I will go early or on time, but doesn't think I will go late.

Re: Artslvr

• ::Butting in::  Best of luck to you both!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Also butting in...I can't wait for the next wave of babies!!!  So exciting!  Congratulations and I hope you go into labor soon!!  I had a 37w5d baby, so here's some early labor dust!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • BTW, I had a 38 week baby and had NO progress whatsoever before that. 
  • Kate and cmh you guys are scaring me! I'm nervous to have her come early.

I'm not ready, I don't have a bag packed (DH's is as is the baby's)
    I am worried I won't have enough panties and need to go buy more.
    I don't have a nursing bra.

I'm skeered!

• I didn't even use the panties I brought.  I used the mesh ones they gave me.  I didn't use half of what I brought.  Just my nightgown, robe, nursing tanks (Target has great ones), elastic waist pants, socks.  I had travel shampoos, conditioners, hair sprays (didn't use), toothpaste, and deodorants.  I took my hair dryer as well, but didn't pack it until the day my water broke.  Don't stress, you'll be fine.

• I used the mesh panties at the hospital.  They were so much comfier than the ones I brought, and I could just throw them away if they got gross!

The nursing tanks I got were too small, so I'd go two sizes larger than you think you might need.

Here's what I brought that I actually used:

shampoo

soap

toothpaste

toothbrush

pajama pants

big t-shirts

hair elastics

ipod with music

cards

overnight pads

flipflops

(I guess you'll probably want socks since it will be winter)

clothes for going home for both me and DS

• Thank you for the used/not used list!

Agrippa, I LOVE the picture of your son in the snow!

• I agree with the list.  Didn't use half of what I brought.  Mesh panties rocked, so did the pads at the hospital.  I also used the hospital nightgown the whole time (I was a Csect so there for a few days).  I had trouble breastfeeding and everyone was feeling me up trying to help, so the snaps were easier than the nursing PJs I had.  Toiletries, shower shoes.  I wore a maternity top and stretch pants out of the hospital.  I got a cheapie nursing bra, then got measured at Cheryl's Health Boutique on Shady Grove Road(https://www.cherylshealthboutique.com/natal.nxg) for a Bravado after my milk came in.  After that I bought Gilligan and O'Malley (?) nursing bras from Target which were much cheaper and still decent quality. 

I still wasn't packed at 36 weeks, but got sent to the hospital thinking I was going to deliver after my Dr. appt.  Felt like a horrible mother since the baby was going to be born and I didn't even have a camera!  I got sent home and that experience got my butt in gear!! :o)  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree with the mesh panties.  I even asked for extras (pretending I needed them at the hospital when I didn't really) so that I could have them at home.  I wore them for another day or two at home to save my regular panties from getting all gross and having to be tossed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • So will my DH love the mesh panties?

I am already been "cut off" so I am looking for something to spice it up when I get the go ahead after the baby and healing!

Heheheh

• Hey lady!  Had my 37 wk appt. today and no progress from last week, so still just 50% effaced and a "fingertip" dilated.  I'm pretty much convinced that since DD #1 was late, so will #2.  I know anything can happen at any time, but I want to stay realistic. 

Then again, I should probably pack a bag at some point.  I don't know, we have a lot yet to do in the nursery as we're making the shift from it being DD #1's room to DD #2's room - I keep telling myself we have 3 - 4 more weeks to get organized.

And oh yeah, the mesh panties are just a bucket of sexy!  J/k - they're very weird but VERY comfy.

Sounds like you are really progressing - awesome!!!  Fingers crossed for you!!!!

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Well, as pp said, she had no progress and delivered that day or next day? So you better get on this stuff!

Do the mesh panties come in multiple colors? I like fun colored panties :-)

• imageLukyNLuv:

Kate and cmh you guys are scaring me! I'm nervous to have her come early.

I'm not ready, I don't have a bag packed (DH's is as is the baby's)
    I am worried I won't have enough panties and need to go buy more.
    I don't have a nursing bra.

I'm skeered!

As pp said - the mesh panties are great since you want nothing restrictive down there.  Things that don't seem restrictive now will feel like a clamp post birth.  I figured there couldn't possibly be a problem with me wearing my maternity jeans to go home from the hospital - wrong!  Even though my belly was definitely deflated and the pants fit great while I was 40 weeks pregnant, they still hurt and felt too restrictive postpartum - I wish I had brought my nicer yoga pants (the only other thing I had were hot pink very loose pajama pants).

I lived in my nursing tanks as opposed to the bras too so I wouldn't get too worried about that.  I always heard not to buy too many pre-birth since you don't know what size you'll end up needing after your milk really comes in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"