Special Needs

Attn moms of kids with seizures

I have a question for you.  Hopefully I am just being paranoid.....

Drake just started doing something recently that is kind of freaking me out.  He clenches his left hand (he can't do it with his right) and makes an intense face and tightens up like he is trying really hard to poop then he laughs.  He always has loose stools and has never had any neurological issues in the past. Something else to consider is that we always act really silly with him and make a lot of faces.  

Is this something that I should be concerned with?  What confuses me is that he laughs and doesn't act like it bothers him.  

I really don't know what to think.  Any info anyone can share would be helpful.

TIA!

Re: Attn moms of kids with seizures

• I don't have any experience with seizures but it sounds more like something he figured out how to do vs. something uncontrollable.

Does something specific trigger it?   Does he act different afterwards?

Olivia went through a phase where she would scrunch up her eyes for no reason and then stop.  

Hopefully it's just a silly phase.

• I think I may have jumped the gun a little here.  It does seem like he's doing it to be silly.  My niece had seizures for quite a while so I called my SIL and she said the same.  I think I got him to do it on command after I posted this. 

Thank you for the help, though!

• Loading the player...
  • My DS has had 3 general seizures.  Very scary, very unmistakable.  He was unresponsive during the seizure, and experienced a time of ultered consiousness afterwards each time.  With that said there are many types of seizures.  It seems like your DC is doing something new/novel to him and is normal right afterwards.  Kids especially that young do a lot of peculiar things.  He's probably just experimenting and having fun.  Consult your pedi if really concerned.
  • Hi there.  My DS has seizures due to a brain deformation.  I know that there are tons of different types of seizures out there but from what I know, to me it doesn't sound like a seizure.  When DS has one he is totally non responsive and is basically like dead weight.  We were also concerned that there were some other seizure related things going on and our Neuro said as long as he isn't twitching and we can snap him out of it than it is not a seizure.  I hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"