South Florida Babies

Mommies with boys....

I have a quick silly question, but with Alejandro almost making his cameo I wanted to be prepared both mentally and emotionally.

DH and I have decided to circumcise Mr A when he arrives. I wanted to know those who got this procedure done to their son- when is it done? Before you leave the hospital, do you have to go back, when? How long does it take for it to heal? Will I be surprised to find a bloody diaper? Is there some sort of treatment I need to buy for him beforehand?

Any info you ladies can give me would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you! :)

Re: Mommies with boys....

• We got Mikey circumsized at the hospital. It was done the day after he was born. He was born on a Wednesday night and they took him the next morning to get snipped.  In the drawer of his bassinet they put lots of vaseline and gauze. The nurse directed me on what to do to at each diaper change. It is super easy! No need to buy anything beforehand. Don't be afraid to ask for more vaseline and gauze to take home. You won't need it all but its a great way to stock up on free vaseline. I mean ok not free since you really are paying for it with the expensive hospital stay might as well get all you can!
  • DS got circumcised a week after he was born because we are Jewish. The only thing you have to do is take care of his penis for like a week or 2. The moyel (the person that did the ceremoney for us) told us how to handel everything and to put gauze with vaseline and something else (i think it was neosporin.) It wasn't a big deal really. I was really nervous about taking care of him after the circumcision but it wasnt a big deal after everything was done.
  • Loading the player...
  • Same as Sam, Ayden's was done, the day before we left the hospital. They did tell me to clean, we used a Q-tip with warm water, just to clean around it, then vaseline and the gauze. It was healed withing a week. No bloody diapers.

Can't wait for Mr. A, to make his appearance.

• We had a pediatrician Moyel do Zachary's bris, which was wonderful because he numbed him. Since we are Jewish it was done a week after his birth. We alternated neosporin and regular A&D ointment at every diaper change and covered it with gauze. It healed very quickly!! After the first day he didn't even seem to notice it! No bloody diapers :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• hey. unfortunately DH won't let me get it done for Julian since he's not cut Crying but anyway as you know I'm a mother/baby nurse.

baby has to be 24hrs old and peed at least once.... meaning everything works. expect to just be putting gauze and lots of vaseline with each diaper change. baby will cry when you do change the diaper. the vaseline is so that the penis doesn't stick to the diaper and it helps keep the poop sticking also. so basically clean penis last when you have a poopy diaper. once you take the guaze off he may scream so have the gauze ready and waiting. it will take a few days to completely heal but no active bleeding should happen at all!!! the nurse will change the diaper the 1st 2 times at 15 min an 30 min to check for bleeding. if you do notice bleeding tell the nurse right away. anyway good luck :)

• Thank you ladies! I feel much better. I was just scared I was going to find blood on the diaper and freak out. Again, I'm just use to the girl and it's just wipe and your done. I feel much better now. Thanks again :)
  • Diego's was done at the Miami Children Hospital by a Children Urologist. We went when he was 29 days old. The procedure was fast ( I was not in the room). They gave him some sugary liquid in a gauze for him to suck on and I guess help him relax. I can't?remember?more details since all I remember is when they brought him to me...lol

?He seems to be ok and sucking an that gauze like if it was milk..lol.?

?His was done with a plastic ring that fell off a week after once it was all healed. We use vaseline with each diaper change but no gauze. It looked really good after the first day. Nothing to be scared about it.?

?Just read and ask your pedi or the hospital dr who is going to the procedure the questions that you have and which method will they use.?

Good luck.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"