Houston Babies

Former Houston Nestie needs help with CL area carseat installation?

Hi ladies!  I will be visiting the CL area for an extended amount of time and will need to have our carseat installed in my parents vehicle.  Do any of you know where I can have this done in the CL area (including Friendswood, Seabrook/Kemah etc...)? 

Thanks!

Re: Former Houston Nestie needs help with CL area carseat installation?

• Are you not able to do it yourself?

I know there are a few parents who stop by the firestation (or wherever) to make sure they installed it correctly the first time.  After that, I would just think you would know how???

The Webster volunteer FD is off of Highway 3 (between Nasa Rd 1 and FM 518).  You can always check there.

• DH lost the manual and even though he's an engineer, he failed miserably.  We're sending the base ahead of time, but my father is blind, my mother has severe arthritis and doing it at the airport with a baby that doesn't want to be in a carseat to begin with could be a potentially disastrous situation, lol. 

• Loading the player...
  • I bet you can find a copy of the manual online.  Unfortunately I had a hard time finding someone to check our initial installation.  Not every fire station will check for you.  You can go to seatcheck.org and see if there is a place by your parents that will do it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think most of the fire stations do that.  I would google the fire stations around that area and ask them.
  • image12106mrsmun:

DH lost the manual and even though he's an engineer, he failed miserably.  We're sending the base ahead of time, but my father is blind, my mother has severe arthritis and doing it at the airport with a baby that doesn't want to be in a carseat to begin with could be a potentially disastrous situation, lol. 

Ahhh, got it.

Houston Fire Department is over the Clear Lake area. Webster, League City, etc. are all volunteer.  Check the HFD website for more locations in CL.

• All carseat manuals are online, but they will usually also send you a paper copy free if you ask - which probably won't help you in this situation, but it's a good thing to have! And after you get a copy you can just stick it under the car seat base so it won't get lost again.
    - Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"