Baby Showers
Options

Diaper Lottery at shower--invitation wording?

I know that many people think diaper lottery drawings at showers are tacky, but in this area they seem to be VERY common.

What suggestions do you have, or have you seen for the wording to put into an invitation? I have gone to many showers with these drawings, but never really paid attention to how it was worded.

Re: Diaper Lottery at shower--invitation wording?

• Options

I recently went to a shower where this was done and I thought it was a great idea, so my mom and I put the following on our invitations:

Bring a pack of Pampers to be entered in a drawing for basket from Bath and Body Works.  (the shower I went to said for a special prize)

• Options
    Don't do it! Just because everybody is doing it doesn't make it not-tacky!
    "I
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetalltalltrees:

this

• Options

Where I come from we do Diaper BBQs with the fathers. This way the guys can get together and BBQ and hang out and the women can sit in the living room and talk. This usually generates tons of diapers.

If you want to do this than go ahead. I think that the more diapers you can get the better off you are.

• Options
    imagetalltalltrees:
    Exactly.  It's a shower, not a charity fundraiser.
  • Options
    imagemantle:

I know that many people think diaper lottery drawings at showers are tacky, but in this area they seem to be VERY common.

What suggestions do you have, or have you seen for the wording to put into an invitation? I have gone to many showers with these drawings, but never really paid attention to how it was worded.

There are so many options when wording an invite; check out some of these ideas: hope this helps ----

"JOIN US FOR A BABY SHOWER HONORING ____ SATURDAY JULY 1ST AT 1 PM 123 EAST 1ST STREET HOSTED BY _____ & _____ RSVP _____ AT 123-123-1234 _____ IS REGISTERED AT BABIES R US & POTTERYBARN KIDS"

-OR-

"______ BABY BOY WILL BE HERE SONN SO LET'S SHOWER HER WITH SHADES OF BLUE. BABY SHOWER HONORING _____ DATE AND TIME AND ADDRESS - GIVEN WITH LOVE BY ______ & ______ RSVP BY APRIL 10TH"

• Options

I have never heard of this.  What is a diaper lottery?

• Options
    A diaper lottery is when you have a nice gift or 2 and have a raffle for it for the guests who bring a pack of diapers besides the gift. Many people think it is tacky, and I can see where they are coming from, but in my area it is very commonplace. Basically as a guest if you bring a gift and a pack of diapers you get a raffle ticket for the diaper gift. During the shower you pull a ticket or 2 and they win a nice prize. It stocks you on diapers for quite a while depending on the turnout.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"