Snarky and T-TTC
Options

Clomid w/ Endo & OPK- vent

For the girls with Endo who are on Clomid:

This is both a bit of looking for support from those with like experiences, as well as a bit of a vent.

I never get cramping with PMS; I haven't since I was probably 12... shortly after my first few cycles it changed to a dull but very achey lower back and abdomen pain- enough to cause me to lay with a heating pad in bed all day regardless of any pain med. I was diagnosed with Endo after a Dr. found it while performing an emergency appendectomy 10 years ago; I am also on Clomid (2nd cycle, 100mg) after no O'ing on 50mg last cycle.

My Dr. said I might feel cramping around the time that I O that is like PMS cramps... since I don't get cramps, she then retracted & said, "maybe not". Apparently many girls, around the time they O, feel PMS-like symptoms, according ot my Dr.

On Sunday afternoon I was struck with really bad aches and pains like my PMS pains, and I didn't think until now that it could have meant I O'ed. Like an idiot, I just remembered my Drs. words about PMS-like pains... however, I have been doing the OPK since day 12 and I still have not had a +OPK surge. In fact I am finding the OPK to be somewhat bipolar... one day the second line starts to get dark and then the next the second line isn't even there... almost every other day it's something different. I am testing at the same time, and timing how long I hold the stick in the cup perfectly each time- so why the discrepancies?

I am just so fed up at this point. It's bad enough to feel like the Clomid could be counter-productive, but could my body just F'ing decide to O??!!!!

Should I be having these issues with the OPK? This will be the second month that the OPK tells me NOTHING if I do not go positive. I am ready to give up completely.

Re: Clomid w/ Endo & OPK- vent

• Options
    I should add, I am using FMU, too, just to be sure that I am not dilluting the pee, like can happen if testing too soon after intake of fluids.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good idea Mats, I'll post there too... though, not to say someone here can't also help. Thanks!
  • Options
    Lots of people never get a +opk. I didn't think you were supposed to use fmu with opk's. Do you chart?
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    OPKs don't work for some people.

• Options

heather- my Dr. said FMU is fine-- she said anything as long as I haven't peed in about 4-5 hours, but i drink a lot of H2O during the day, so i opted for FMU... they just suggest it's around the same time each day so there's some sort of control to your testing. i refuse to do BBT... everyone I know that did BBT it took forever to get pregnant, given your surge shows after you've O'ed... we're still BD every other day to try and beat the punch, but it's just so frustrating.

• Options
    Most women's LH surge happens in the afternoon. That could be why you aren't getting a +opk.

• Options
    Most OPKs say int he instructions not to use FMU because the LH is not synthesized until later in the day. Also if you are only testing one a day its very possible to miss the surge completly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If you chart everything that you are supposed to (cervical fluid and temps and optional signs like cervical position and daily signs) you will get a much more complete pic.  Cervical fluid in addition to opk's can predict ovulation, while temps confirm. 

I have had the best luck with opk's when I cut off fluids around 3:00 and pee around then, then test when I get home around 6:00.  That way it's later in the day so the lh is synthesized, and a good chunk of waiting is the drive home and I am generally home at the same time.   

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Options
    Oh, and double check the directions with whatever particular brand of opk you use - some very clearly state that you should not use FMU, others say it doesn't matter. 

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"