Philadelphia Babies

Pennsylvania Hospital and what they provide?

has anyone recently given birth, know of a checklist, or a link online to what they provide during the hospital stay, what type of formula they feed newborns, what they give you to take home?

thanks.

Re: Pennsylvania Hospital and what they provide?

• I had my DS at Pennsylvania in October 2007, expecting my second there in beginning of March.  I was really pleased with my hospital stay, the nurses were awesome, really helpful with everything.  They provide to you everything you need for the baby, diapers, wipes, etc., and when I had my son, they were administering Enfamil.  However, the nurse told me that this changes each month - they flip flop between Enfamil and Similac, so it just depends on when you give birth, I presume.  The nursery cart that they use for the baby contains all the supplies - so I just made sure to throw some in my bag before leaving the hospital, because they will always refill it.  Good luck to you ;-)
  • I am due mid march!!  st. patty's day.

anyway, did they provide those nurser bottles?  i am trying to get formula for when i come home...does it matter what i get a can or two of even if it varies from what they feed?

what about mesh panties, pads (are they with or without ice packs), the peri bottle, tucks pads...or should i pick these up?? 

• Loading the player...
  • I delivered in July but I breastfeed so I'm not sure about the formula.  However, I had a great experience, minus the sharing a room thing.  I don;t know if they're done construction but when I was there they were not so I had to share a room so my DH couldn't stay the night.  That sucked but the nurses were awesome.  They gave us diapers, wipes, nasal aspirator, pacifier and a cute little diaper bag from enfamil (probably what they were using at the time) with samples and coupons.  Oh and the little baby hat and kimono style shirt for baby. (which I don;t know if I was suppose to take but i did.)

Good Luck!

• Oh they give you all of the mesh panties, a lot of pads (with and without ice), a that little toilet seat thing (whatever it's called) that works like a little bidet, the peri bottle, tucks pads...everything you need.  You don't have to bring or buy any of that. The only thing I needed was a few more pads when i got home but I had enough for at least a week.
  • ok perfect.. now i just need to find out about the nursette bottles and if it makes a difference what type of formula i have at home vs. what type they are giving out (i don't know if a change upsets their stomach as i BF my daughter)??

i don't think the construction is done...and i hope my ob didn't lie to me...she said all her patients have had single rooms bc they are under construction and its scared everyone away from giving birth there.  if dh can't stay i don't know how i feel.

• I delivered there April of 2008 and had a wonderful experience. I ended up having an unplanned c-section later at night. The nurses in recovery were AWESOME and helped immediately with BFing. It did kind of suck to have to share a room, however, I plan to deliver there again.

From what I remember, they get different formula pretty much every month and use whatever they have. They always Pampers.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • It sucked because I really wanted DH to stay but at the same time the nurses were so great that I really didn't feel alone at all.  Also, it allowed for a little alone time, you know, bonding time for me and my DD.  That was really great!  There were so many people in and out of our room and when we got home!  It ended up working out that I got one on one time with my daughter.  By the way...I learned my lesson...no visitors for a couple days, maybe even a week once we get home from the hospital for baby 2!  My DH and I both agree that we hardly had a chance to hold her for about 2 weeks!

Anyway, it's really not all that bad...it's a great hospital with a great staff and because of that I'd deliver there over and over again, even if I had to share a room.  No worries...you'll be out in no time.  Meanwhile, get rest and all the help you can while you're there!  Good luck!

• PS I love your dog!!!
  • they always have both formulas stocked- it depends on what your pediatrician recommends. at first my hospital was giving me simulac but then i told them what pedi i was using and then they gave me enfamil.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagecrysas81:
    PS I love your dog!!!

thank you!  we do too.  she's honestly the best and i love her like a baby!!!!

• imageStacyc625:
    they always have both formulas stocked- it depends on what your pediatrician recommends. at first my hospital was giving me simulac but then i told them what pedi i was using and then they gave me enfamil.

that is odd, i would think that they leave the choice up to the mother. hmmm, i guess i should find myself a pedi first!.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"