Stay at Home Moms
Options

anyone try www.sittercity.com?

I thought I recalled seeing a post a little while ago about someone who didn't have family nearby and how did they find a sitter?

I just recalled this site: https://www.sittercity.com/

Has anyone tried it before? Any insights/success stories?

Thanks!

Re: anyone try www.sittercity.com?

• Options
    We used it, as well as Craig's List. SitterCity is nice in that you can do background checks, and see references/comments, etc., but we had a LOT of people flake out from it (I would set up an interview and they would never show, etc.) which drove me nuts. Nothing like being stuck in the house with your baby waiting for someone who never shows.  I am in Boston so a LOT of the people on there were college/grad students - not sure if that contributed to the problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We uses sittercity and found a nice college kid home for summer to watch the boys once a week for me to get some errands done. She would take them to the park, give them lunch, etc. I had to interview a lot of people though. However, I like that they have a schedule that the prospective sitters fill out to show their availability.

I've also used teachers at my sons preschool, our local university has people looking for sitter jobs and craigslist. Success in each of these areas. Just beware that these people are looking to babysit usually, not be a full time caregiver if that's what you are looking for. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I used sittercity.com and found a great baby sitter.  She is a college student, lives local, and we have been using her since July!  LOVE Sitter CIty!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"