D.C. Area Babies

Crazy? Are you here today?

If so, I just want to say if Crazy Baby hasn't come, good luck tomorrow - you'll have that baby in your arms soon soon soon!!!!
Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.

Re: Crazy? Are you here today?

• I'm still here!

Well, I had a nice, last, baby-free weekend with my parents...

Greg and I are on our way to our last Dr. appointment this morning... and, I'm sure they'll say the same thing they've said for the last 4 Dr. appts.  :)

She's still got 24hrs to come out, but, I've pretty much come to terms with the induction tomorrow...  I'm still scared of the pitocin and the epidural, though! 

Today is Chinese New Year - given all the Chinese food I've eaten during this pregnancy, maybe she'll decide today's the day?  The year of the Ox?  :)

I'll check back in this afternoon!

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't be scared of the pitocin and epi - that epi feels pretty darn great when it kicks in, I have to say!

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Loading the player...
  • It has been a long wait, but I'm so glad the end is in sight for you.  I can't wait to hear that she has arrived.  She clearly has a mind of her own!  Good luck!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • good luck! and the epi is science's gift to women, IMO
  • enjoy your last 24 childfree hours!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Crazy.....for a feel good story. I got induced...they started pitocin at 8pm..got the epi almost right away...fully dilated at midnight. Labored down for 2 hours, pushed 1 hour. 7 hours start to finish!!!

Try not to worry and get that epi when you want to it will be your very best friend!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Crazy--I'm going to add my good induction story too. :)

They started pitocin at 9 am.  I got my epidural at 3 pm (I was 5 cm dilated at the time--the pitocin wasn't actually that horrible for me).  Started pushing at 6:30 or 7 pm (not sure what the exact time was) and had him at 7:45.

Oh, and the epi was awesome!  Apparently, right after I got it, my contractions started coming one on top of another, and I couldn't tell at all!  They turned it down for pushing, so I was able to feel for that. 

• Good luck with everything! I cant' wait to see pictures of your sweet little girl with her arrival.  It's almost over with! :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good luck tomorrow!  Try and get what little rest is possible at this stage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"