Houston Babies

holy crap!! right start might close

where the hell are we going to get all our baby gear???

https://www.daddytypes.com/

Full Stop? Right Start To Close, Taking BabyStyle & Tiny Ride With It

I have to give babystyle credit, they were a trendsetter, even when it came to going out of business.

The blog StrollerInfo.com has posted a suspiciously detailed "anonymous tip" reporting that this morning the baby gear retailer Right Start--which bought babystyle out of bankruptcy last summer, along with the online retailer Tiny Ride--is closing for good.

Right Start reportedly "told its corporate employees that they are being laid off. All but the COO, Logistics Manager, Human Resources and IT.

"All of the area and regional managers are being laid off.

"The entire Babystyle corporate office, and Blue Lava [the holding company for Tiny Ride]."

I tried calling Right Start to see if the rumor is true, but could never get through. So I called the store near my mother-in-law to see if they were closing.

"In fact, my district manager's here right now. Do you want to ask her?"

"Uh, sure."

"Hi, this is ____. Can I help you?"

"Is Right Start closing? Because I read online that it is."

"It's interesting that you read it online."

"So are you closing? Or are you staying open?"

"Well, I can tell you we're open right now, so come on over!"

So there you have it. Blogger journalism 101. Not solid enough to trade stocks with, but probably useful for deciding which gift cards to use up first.

Re: holy crap!! right start might close

• Aw, I sure hope not.  Their Woodlands store hasn't been open very long and I'll definitely miss it if it closes!

• Dang it!  I was going to get my car seat there b/c they have better design options.  Guess I should go ahead and get it asap.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCareBear01:
    Dang it!  I was going to get my car seat there b/c they have better design options.  Guess I should go ahead and get it asap.

UGH!  I just checked online to see if they still had the carseat, and it's not there!!!  :-(

• That's crazy, and I love tiny ride.  That's where I bought our carseats.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Craptastic, I guess I need to use my GCs.
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • It's true =(

I talked with the salesperson and she said 75% of corporate was laid off yesterday.  They are not getting any shipments in, what they have is what there is.  She thinks they have a buyer, but even if they get one and stay open, she said they probably won't honor gift cards.  She said to use them ASAP.

I went ahead and got the Orbit Toddler Seat with my GCs, I would have hated to lose that money so I really appreciate this post.

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • That stinks!!!! I must get there soon.  Thanks!
  • Have they marked stuff on sale?  Or is it just priced as normal?
  • Prices are the same
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • I might have to go by there tomorrow and see if they'd be willing to sell a floor model of something for a discount ...
  • They said not to expect huge sales =(
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • I am going to WW after the GTG tomorrow...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i might have to go and do some pre-emptive shopping after the GTG tomorrow as well... i really don't enjoy going to BRU. right start will be sorely missed by this mom :(
  • imageCareBear01:

imageCareBear01:
    Dang it!  I was going to get my car seat there b/c they have better design options.  Guess I should go ahead and get it asap.

UGH!  I just checked online to see if they still had the carseat, and it's not there!!!  :-(

Yay!  We went there today, and they had the carseat i wanted, so I bought it right then!  I could tell they were trying not to say anything about the closing, but knew about it b/c there was another couple in there - asking if they could order something they didn't have in stock and pick it up at the store when it came in.  The associate kept giving them the runaround, saying - well, if we have it available online, then we can do that.  (Which means, they aren't doing special orders, which I am sure they would have done in the past). 

• Oh, I just found a RS gift card in Alex's closet this weekend. Better get over there asap (well, hopefully it still has $$$ on it:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"