Success after IF

Successful IUI'ers: I have a question about what worked for you?

If you triggered, how many hours after trigger did they do your IUI? Was it just 1 or back to back?  What worked for you. I am on 100mg of clomid, for cd3-7.

Mine has me trigger between 6 & 9pm, then come in the following morning for the IUI (12 hours later). That doesn't seem like much time between them. I know ovidrel can take between 36 and 40 hours (right?) before ovulation occurs. We're using donor sperm, which, from what I know, doesn't live for more than 12-24 hours after defrosted.

This is going to be our 3rd IUI and I can't help but feel that there is something that I (or the RE) is missing. The timing just seems completely off to me. I go on 1/29 for my follie check and figured the IUI for 1/31. I am going to ask them about this.

Perhaps I should be at least triggering on Thursday night, so that by Saturday's IUI it's been 36 hours.

If any one has any input on this I would really appreciate it.
TIA
Wife. MoM {1G + BBG triplets}. DIY'er. Quilter. 

Re: Successful IUI'ers: I have a question about what worked for you?

• At my office, you trigger at 9pm.....you then go in the next morning for the first IUI (so at 12 hours past trigger....) and then you go in again the following morning (so....36 hours past trigger....)

I would ask about doing b2b IUI's....

GL!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I triggered at noon the day before my 9am IUI. GL this cycle. I really hope third time is the charm!
  • Loading the player...
  • I did 150 mg Clomid+ HCG trigger + 1 IUI on our successful cycle.  We did the trigger on a Wednesday night around 9-10 PM then did the IUI Friday morning at 9.  That worked on round one for us.  Good Luck and lots of baby dust to you!
  • We did b2b IUIs, so I triggered around 7pm, then had my IUIs at 10am the following 2 days (around 12 and 36 hours later). ?GL!!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AS much as it might seem timing is off... you want the sperm there 1st! if it makes you feel better, my RE does the trigger at the same time as the IUI (but you have to be ready to O, he likes big follies and good E2)
    2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm the same as CMM05.  Triggered at 9PM and b2b IUIs 12 and 36 hrs later.  If they won't do b2b IUIs, I think you are better off doing it 12 hrs after the trigger.  If you wait for 36 hrs, you might miss it.  The sperm will hang around for a while after you trigger making your chances better than if you did it 36 hrs after the trigger.  Good luck!
    imageimageimage
    TTC #1: IUI #2 = BFP , Betas 550 (16 dpiui), 1523 (18 dpiui)
    Hypothyroid, LPD, FSH 13.0, TTC 2 yrs B4 BFP

TTC #2: FSH 23, AMA, IUI 1, 2, 3 = BFN, IVF #1 = MC
    IVF #2 = BFP - Betas 194 (14dp2dt), 366 (16 dp2dt), 841 (18 dp2dt)
    (vanished twin ~7 weeks)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • This is horrible, I can't completely remember.  I think I triggered about 5:30pm and our appt was the following day and i am pretty sure out appointment was in the afternoon.  We did back to back insemination days.  I also was on 100 mg clomid.

I wish you tons of luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours was a completely unmedicated, unmonitored cycle. I was using OPKs. My OPK was just about positive one night and it was for sure positive the next morning, so we went in that morning and the next (B2B IUIs). I'm pretty sure I O'd on the day of the 2nd B2B IUI. This was our 2nd IUI and I think the timing was too late for our first IUI (I triggered and went in 36 hours later, but I think I had already started to O on my own). GL!
  • With my RE we triggered at midnight and then went in the next day a noon for IUI #1 (12 hours after trigger), and then the following day at noon (36 hours after trigger). My last IUI cycle, my first IUI fell on Thanksgiving when they are closed so we only had 1 IUI which was 36 hours after trigger. RE told me the one 36 hours after trigger was the more importnant one. I am not sure if he was just saying that to make me feel better since I was only getting 1 IUI...but I know I always ovulate closer to 36 hours. But I did get a BFP that cycle...so I didnt need B2B IUIs that time. Good luck to you!!
  • with my RE you trigger the morning after your +OPK (they do a follie check first)... then come back in 2 hours while they wash the sperm- and get the IUI.  then you come back the next morning for a 2nd IUI.

I got pg with DS on the first cycle of clomid/met/IUI/trigger.

the twins too 2 cycles of the same... so it seems to me the way my RE does it works well.

good luck!!

• For my clomid cycles (unsuccessful) I was triggered 24 hours before the IUI.  For my follistim cycle (bfp), I triggered 36 hours beforehand.  I remember being glad about the change because based on charting it didn't seem like I ovulated until the day after the IUI.  Didn't chart for my follistim, so I don't know when I ovulated then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"