Philadelphia Babies

Any Tips?

I?m going for my 20-week anatomy screening on Monday and I?m hoping to finally find out the baby?s sex. Any tips for when I got? I can?t wait another 3 weeks; I?ll go out of my mind!!!

Thanks

Re: Any Tips?

• Drink a little OJ about an hour before. Not too much or baby will be crazy, but it worked for us...Good luck!
  • I drank a can of sprite as we were parking in the parking lot.... and that got her moving around enough to see her gender.  I also had a Milkyway candy bar in my purse as a backup.  Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • ehhh-- you can try those things- however making sure the doc can see everything during this apt is WAAAAAY more important than finding out the sex. I would rather that my doc could see the heart and rest of organs properly than finding out the sex. this is a very important u/s as it detects a lot of things- not just finding out the sex of the baby.

either way- hope it works out for you./

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • A friend of ours gave us a wonderful idea, and we loved it:

We asked the technician not to tell us the baby's gender but to write it down in a special card we gave her. Later that night we went out for a romantic dinner, and opened the card. It was truly special!

And relax, I'm sure everything we'll be great.

Best, 

Marilupe

• Be prepared- the tech is really straight forward when announcing it. It kinda shocked DH. "Here's the umbilical chord, there's his penis."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• imageCMDR513:
    Be prepared- the tech is really straight forward when announcing it. It kinda shocked DH. "Here's the umbilical chord, there's his penis."
       I was very prepared for this but thankfully our tech was really sweet and she was like okay, are you guys ready to find out what you're having?  She let us grab hands and anticipate the moment hehe
  • If there's something specific that you eat that makes the baby kick, eat that.  For me it was Twix bars!  Worked like a charm!
  • Our DS was waving things around 13 weeks!  Hope it is this clear for you!
  • Thanks everyone! Our appointment was a success (the soda worked...) we're having a boy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"