1st Trimester

Did anyone mistake implantation bleeding for a period?

After doing some reading and considering how early I started experiencing pg symptoms, I'm wondering if maybe my last period was really implantation bleeding. I remember it being very light and not lasting long.

Has anyone found out that their last period was really implantation bleeding?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Did anyone mistake implantation bleeding for a period?

• Beware of thinking this. My sister just found out she was pregnant. She remembers her last period in Oct. She then had a light period in November. She told the nurse this and she insisted my sister was 10 weeks pregnant. Sis went in for an ultrasound and the baby was only measuring 5 weeks. The doc thinks it's still a viable pregnancy and that she is just not as far along as she thought she might be. She goes back in tomorrow to see if the baby is growing. I'm not saying it can't happen. I am sure it happens a lot. Just don't get your hopes up. It gave my sister a lot of stress!
  • I started spotting earlier then normal (CD 22-24) I thought for sure I was out that cycle and was waiting on AF. I always had spotting which then led into full blown AF. Well once the spotting stopped I thought something was up and so I pee'd on a cheapie HPT and saw the faintest line. Confirmed it with a digital. It was really early and I had no symptoms at all. But it wasn't my "period" it was just spotting so no to answer your question.

• Loading the player...
  • In my case it was.  My last real period was Nov 4 but then I experienced light bleeding that lasted for a few days in early Dec.  I thought it was my period and didn't think anything of it. When the brown spotting never stopped I called the doc and that is when they told me I should take a test.  I just thought it was my period so being pregnant didn't even cross my mind.  When I had my first u/s the baby measured right along with my period from Nov. 4, so the December episode must have been implantation bleeding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I noticed my implantation bleeding - but to be honest it was so light and faint that I to this day am surprised that I even saw it. Maybe if you typically have heavier periods it would be like a light period cycle?

Also - why doesn't my ticker show up?

• I had a m/c on Oct 28th then had what seemed to me to be a normal AF, cramps regular blood flow even some clots starting Nov 24-30th, I went to the dr on Monday thinking I was 8 weeks, nope I'm 12! Which means I got pg on the 16th of Nov about 11:30 p.m....I can say that bc that is the only day we had fun it was the DH b-day. I was shocked, stunned and amazed! All I could say to my DH was happy birthday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"