Cincinnati Babies
Options

When did you leave ds/dd overnight for the first time?

I still haven't left Brady overnight with anyone.  Actually we haven't left him outside of either mine or Kev's care for more than 4 hours or so in the evenings.  And he's with a sitter (friend from church 3 houses away) only 3 days per week.   A few of my girlfriends seem to think it's weird that I haven't left him with a grandparent or anyone other than Kev for longer than a few hours. 

He's 7.5 months now and I still can't see myself doing it.  I know it keeps us from doing other things, but I just haven't been able to handle it yet.

Re: When did you leave ds/dd overnight for the first time?

• Options

The first time I left Piper overnight was when I was in the hospital having Kady. Obviously we haven't left Kady overnight and don't plan to anytime soon. I honestly don't know when I would be comfortable leaving them overnight. Our parents all live far away so we've never really considered it since we wouldn't have anywhere to leave them anyway.

They do go to daycare 3-4 days per week, and we've had a few date nights, so I'm used to leaving them, but to me it feels totally different than leaving them overnight.

• Options

DD - 18 months

DS - 11 months

I have an acquaintance that leaves her child overnight with her parents 3 nights a week and has done so since about 3 months.  She thinks I'm nuts.  It's not that I don't trust anyone with them, but I just think that they're my kids and my responsibility.  Now that DD is older she's at my parent's house usually one weekend a month and will probably start doing a once a month overnight with my sister.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The first time we left her overnight was when she was 14 months and we went to Cali for a weekend for a wedding.
  • Options
    Wow...looks like I'm in the minority.  Lily stayed with Bryan's parents overnight for the first time when she was about 10 weeks old when we went to a wedding.  Once I stopped breast feeding her at about 5 months, she has been going to stay the night with them on a regular basis on Saturday nights.  My MIL loves it, so does Lily and we get regular couple time - very important if you can swing it! Wink
    ~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ben is almost 10 months old and we have yet to leave him overnight and don't plan to anytime soon, I don't know how I feel about it yet
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Rylee is 2 1/2 and spent the night at my parents 1 night while I was in the hospital having Parker last month. She has also never had a babysitter and has only ever stayed with my parents while Shawn and I go to dinner or something... I am just a little protective of her.
  • Options
    We have not left DD for more than 4 or 5 hours on a weekend.  I have no intention of doing a longer period anytime soon.  I cannot see myself enjoying an overnight away without worrying or missing DD.  You are definitely not alone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I told DH it would be no sooner than 6 mo (April).

He's already planning on some weekend dive trips for us. We'd take her with us, except we'd have to have someone along to watch her while we were diving.

In October (right after DD's 1st birthday), we're going to the Bahamas for a week for our anniversary. That one's probably gonna be hard.
  • Options
    I haven't done it yet........actually haven't even considered it.  My sister has offered to keep him for us, but Tom and I like things the way they are right now.  Maybe sometime this year?  Justin's still pretty attached to us.  I don't really even like to go out for the evening and have someone else put him in bed!
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options

We've left DS overnight twice.  Once when he was 18 months and once when he was 15 months.  Both times my mom came and spent the night at our house and both times were for 1 or 2 nights.  We didn't really consider it until he was over 1 yr old.

We've had him spend the night at my moms on nights when we are staying out late, then we come and spend the night there, too, so we're almost always there in the morning.

The only ppl who babysit DS are my mom (regularly, as I work), MIL/FIL and BIL/SIL (for short errands/dates).  I have left him with my neighbor one time, as well.  

DS is so incredibly used to my mom and her house from being babysat there while I work that we don't really worry about it.  

Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We haven't yet. She would stay with my parents at our house or at my inlaws, which would be fine. But since I'm still nursing and she's still getting up at night at least once, I don't think she's ready.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options

Wow, I kind of feel like crap now for leaving him :(

We really felt like we needed a night to "reconnect," just the two of us, and I was ok leaving him with my mom for a night. Yes it was hard, and yes I missed him terribly, but at the same time it was good to be together as a couple out of the house.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    We won't leave her until I am done BFing and she's STTN. Right now, even if she wasn't nursing at night, I wouldn't wish the nights we have sometimes on anybody.

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • Options

imagecops_wife:
    We won't leave her until I am done BFing and she's STTN.

Ditto this except for I have a "he" at home.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The first time was a few weeks before his 1st birthday, and the 2nd time was a few weeks after.  I left him with my mom to come up here and house hunt.  If she lived closer, I would be willing to leave him with her on occasion, though.
  • Options
    Dh and I are going to Vegas next week for a few days. ?My mom is watching DD at our house. ?I am excited for some time away but I know I am going to miss her terribly. ?
  • Options
    We left her for the night and slept at a hotel over Thankgiving weekend...she was 6ish months. We weren't even gone for twelve hours, though, and she was no longer eating at night. I wouldn't have gone before that. I missed her so much I kept calling, lol.
  • Options
    MIL offers to keep her overnight all the time.  I'm not sure when we'll actually take her up on the offer.  Now that Allie sleeps through the night, I wouldn't mind letter her stay a night here and there.  I totally trust MIL and they only live like 5 minutes away if I were needed.
    imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I still have not left DS overnight with anyone and we don't have a sitter for evenings.  DH and I take advantage of out daily sitter to go on dates (he has some holidays off like yesterday and takes some days off for us to spend time together).  My mom lives an hour away and I worry that if something happens, I won't get there fast enough.  Also, he still wakes 1-2 times a night to nurse so we haven't done it yet.  Don't feel bad.  When you are ready it will be the right time.
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• Options

Oh, hadn't even really considered it (almost 15 mos). My mom offers here and there, but she already keeps her while I work so I like to be home with Brooke when I can. DH & I haven't really had any date nights, not ones where it is just us - only as a group with his friends.

UUmmmm, I am not sure. I may surprise DH with a trip this September for his birthday and we might take a long weekend.

She still gets up at night and I think it is just because she wants to be with us. I don't want anyone else to have to worry about that.

• Options
    Ryan and I went on a date night for Valentine's Day when Ethan was a month and a half, and MIL kept him at her house.  I was a nervous wreck, but this was my prep for having to go back to work the following week... so it made me feel a bit better then when I did have to leave for work.  He has stayed with either my grandma or MIL a handful of times overnight since then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"