Cincinnati Babies
Options

We lost a wonderful woman yesterday :(

Hi, girls - I haven't really given an update on my aunt so I wanted to let you know what has been going on.  The few moments I have had free I've used this board for a little bit of an escape this week :)  I guess it is difficult for me to sit down and write about this because it is so hard to put into words.

Wednesday of last week, the doctors told us that they could not do any treatment to help my Aunt Sheila because the cancer had progressed so much.  They transferred her home with Hospice Friday afternoon after I left Melissa's (I am so happy we came to your house Melissa - you have no idea how much I needed it!).  We ended up packing things and staying there Friday night, we thought we were going to lose her then.  She held on strong and stabilized, but I wanted to be there so Ryan, Ethan, and my grandma have stayed there all week.  She had very few moments of even having her eyes open or being responsive, and was the majority of the time in a coma-like state, which was so hard to see!!  The little moments of her squeezing my hand when I didn't think she was aware, and watching her pull all her strength together to lift her arms and hug my grandma and my cousin are the things I hope I will remember most.  My family spend the week at her side, talking, singing, praying with her and growing closer as a family.  She passed away to Heaven yesterday morning at 5:45.  It has been an incredibly difficult and emotional week, especially yesterday, and I'm sure it will continue for many days to come.  However we are so happy she is in a better place, and hopefully God and time will help to heal our wounds, but she will be with us forever. 

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  I can't tell you how much you girls mean to me.

Love,
Miranda

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: We lost a wonderful woman yesterday :(

• Options
    Oh Miranda!  I'm so sorry.  How wonderful for you and your aunt to have had those moments together.  We will keep you and your family in our prayers.  Heaven has a new angel now!
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was thinking about your aunt this week and wondering how she was.  I'm so sorry for your loss. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss.  I am very glad you got to spend some quality time with her before she passed.  You will never forget those moments.  My grandfather passed almost 10 years ago and I can still remember being in the hospital room like it was yesterday.  I remember my aunt telling him to "Go home to mom", that smile on his face, and then he was gone.  I can still feel the weight that left the room when he passed.  I'll never forget that and I am sure that you won't forget your memories either! 

As sad as it is, she is in a better place now and Ethan has a special angel to watch over him as he grows.  Take care of yourself! 

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 

• Options
    So sorry for your loss. How special you were able to have those moments with her, and you will always remember. Thoughts & prayers with you and your family now and in the coming weeks.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  We'll be keeping your family in our prayers.  Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
    imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts will be with you and your family as you grieve. I'm glad you got that chance to spend time with her before she passed.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  I'm glad you were able to spend so much time with her in the past few days.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  The first days and weeks are so difficult for family and friends.  I am glad you got to be there with her in her last days, and that will comfort you always.  My thoughts and prayers remain with you and your family.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It is so wonderful that you were able to be by her side those last few days. I am sure being surrounded by her family during that time meant more to her than any of you will ever know. It is a wonderful memory for all of you to have and to keep her memories alive, in turn. The pain will continue for a bit, but it will soon be replaced by all of the good times you had with her. You will all get there. I will keep your whole family in my thoughts and prayers again this week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh Miranda! I'm so sorry for your loss. At least she is no longer suffering. Let me know if you need anything. **Hugs**
  • Options

Miranda,

I have been thinking about you guys alot since you posted about your aunt before. I am so sorry for your loss..... I will be continuing to pray for your family. ::hugs::

• Options
    I will say an extra prayer for you and your family.  What a great experience, although very painful, to be able to be at her side to the very end.  Not many of us have had such an experience.  You will always have her in your memory.  Extra hugs go out to you.
    Kristen & Mike 7/2005
    Griffin 10/2007
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Miranda, I am so sorry! You are very strong.
  • Options

I'm so sorry Miranda!  You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Although your week with her has been a long and emotional one, how precious that time has been for your family.  Take comfort in the closeness that has grown between all of you as you grieve.  You know we're all here for you if you need anything!

~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm so sorry Miranda. 

It sounds like you guys gave her an amazing last week.  That time is so special.  I'm really sorry.  I don't understand how cancer can go undetected and then just grab a persons life.  It has happened to so many people I know and so scary.  I'm glad you guys were able to stay by her side, I'm sure that meant the world to her.

take care and (HUGS)

• Options

I'm so sorry to hear about this.  I've been there, and I know it's not easy to watch.  She is definitely in a better place, and her pain is gone.  She'll be in my prayers for you these coming days. 

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Miranda.
  • Options

Miranda,

My heart is breaking for you. Aunt Sheila must have been a wonderful woman to have been so deeply loved by many. I am so sorry for your family. I will say a prayer for all of you.

Tosha

• Options
    I am so sorry for you loss. Heaven has another angel.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    Oh Miranda!  I am so sorry to hear this!  You will be in my thoughts!!!
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh, I am so sorry for your loss :( ?You are an amazing person to be there for her, and Im sure she is now in heaven in no more pain and is very happy! ?Your family will be in my thoughts & prayers.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Miranda.  (((HUGS)))
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Miranda,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Aunt. I know it meant everything to have you near her side during the last few days! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! HUGS!

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Awww...Miranda, I am SOOOO sorry.  I got tears in my eyes reading your post.  I know this is a very hard time for you and your family and I want you to know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers as you remember the good times you had with your Aunt and go through the grieving process.  Take care of yourself!
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• Options
    Oh, Miranda, I am so sorry. It sounds like in her final days, your aunt was surrounded by love and was bringing your family together. She must have been an incredible woman. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))
  • Options
    I will keep your family in my prayers. So sorry for your loss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
    Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"