Birth Stories
Options

Average length of second labor??

Hey ladies.  I usually don't post here but I wanted to ask if any of you would be able to point me in the direction of some websites that have info about the length of second labors.  Also, if you know of sites that give info on the length of natural labor, I'd appreciate hearing about that too.  Thanks :-)

Re: Average length of second labor??

• Options
    It depends, however, with #1, I waited until I was almost 6 cm at my appt (didn't feel any contractions) and had a 5 hour labor, from breaking my water to pushing DD out. (My mother said hers was about 4-5 hours with both me and bro.)
    Samantha Skye - Aug 30, 2006 AND Maxwell Griffin - April 14, 2009
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Well, my labors are getting progressively shorter. My first was 36hours. My water started leaking at 4am Saturday morning and he was born Sunday afternoon at just before 4pm. My daughter, I never had a contraction until my water broke and she was born 1hr and 34 minutes later. My DS#2 was the quickest - water broker, 30 minutes later contractions started and 45 minutes and one push after that he was born for a total labor of 1hr and 16min.

As for websites, I've heard that the Bradley Method is very good, you could probably find some websites on that through Google, I don't know of any offhand.

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My labor's have also gotten shorter.  My first was 21hrs from first contraction till I pushed him out.  My second my water broke at 10am but I didnt have a contraction till about 6pm, giving birth at 9pm.  With my third my water broke at 230am and contractions didnt start till 10am, giving birth at 1125am...  Im scared to have another LOL.
  • Options
    My first child it was 6 hours total from the time I lost my mucous plug until he was in my arms - my second child was 40 MINUTES in total.  I had her in an abulance in my driveway....couldnt make it to the hospital.  She arrived 9 minutes after they got to my house.  Almost had her on the kitchen floor!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"