1st Trimester
Options

Severely dibilatating Morning Sickness anyone?

I am 9w2d and have ben suffering with AWFUL morning sickness since around 6w4d. This is my fifth pregnancy, though all others have ended in miscarriages. While we are taking the awful morning sickness as a sign of a healthy pregnancy, it's really getting rough.

I'm vomiting 5-7 times/day, have truly dibilatating nausea when I'm not throwing up, and feel so sick I am struggling to eat at all. I've already been sent to the hospital twice for fluids, which really helps for a day or two, but then I'm back at square one.

My questions. 1) Has anyone else experienced this and what do I need to expect? Do I go back to the hospital a third time? And 2) If you have experienced it to this degree, does it end with the start of the second trimester?

Really appreciate any insight!! I'm at a total loss and my wits end.

Re: Severely dibilatating Morning Sickness anyone?

• Options
    Probably not the story you want to hear but I have HG so pretty similar story to yours, right at 6 weeks I couldn’t hold anything down including water some days. After hospital visits and IVs I got a Zofran prescription at 8 ish weeks and it’s the only thing that helped. I take unisom and b6 at night and zofran in the morning and that keeps my food down though I’m still very nauseous all the time. Currently 22 weeks and still going through it. Had it with my first as well and it started getting better around 25 ish weeks but never fully went away. Best of luck to you and I feel your pain!! 
  • Options
    Thank you!! While it might not be the outcome of want to hear, I just want to be able to mentally prepare for what's a head. I'm doing Zolfran and Unisom now but haven't added in the B6. Really appreciate you sharing your experience with me, it's just so brutal 😫 Hang in there!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is hard.  I too am experiencing similiar.  I'm 7 weeks 2 days.  Taking Unisom and Vitamin B6 gummies at night.  I spoke to the nurse at MedExpress and she said she survived on peanut butter her first trimester.  I took her recommendation to eat lying in bed (PB on toast, or PB with crackers) and then wait 45 minutes for it to settle before even getting up.  I've noticed a big difference when I do this and have even had a couple of days where I'm naseaus but didn't throw up.  If you eat something bland (applesauce, dry cereal, boiled egg, baked potato with a little salt, chicken broth based soup) every 2 hours it helps curb the naseau.    
  • Options
    My first was like this and my second is gearing up to be the same it seems. The zofran and B6 combo I saw someone else mention is very helpful. Do make sure you are going to the hospital for fluids as needed. I honestly just slept a lot, I tried to be active but I keeping the feeling away by sleeping was easy and I was exhausted. This time I plan to be more productive and attempt to do small bland meals during the day and other home remedies (smelling lemons, ginger teas). Honestly it improved a lot once I entered my third trimester. Fingers crossed yours settles down soon!
  • Options
    I’m in the same boat but going to an IV clinic once a week to avoid the ER again. It’s cheaper too. I take diclegis at night and am trying to avoid taking my zofran because it put me in the ER for bowel obstruction. 
  • Options
    Ask if you can also get prescribed diclegis!! You take it at night and it works to combat morning sickness BEFORE the nausea hits. There’s been more studies done with it vs zofran too 
  • Options
    How is everyone mentally dealing with the nausea? I’m nauseous 24/7 and don’t even feel like drinking water. I’m able to force myself to eat and hold it down but the constant nausea feeling is all I can think about. I’m miserable and can’t take my mind off how miserable I feel and how badly I want it to stop. I don’t want to do anything. Not work, chores, swim, nothing. Looking at inanimate objects even makes me sick. I don’t want to be in my house because of it. Anyone else feeling this way and how are you dealing? 
  • Options
    teejo27teejo27 member
    I can relate to how you’re feeling. At this point, I am just focusing on one day at a time and hoping the nausea subsides after the first trimester. My friend also told me about blisslets pressure point bracelets and those have helped a bit. I have centrum morning sickness gummies with ginger and b6 that sometimes help. I’m trying to eat something with protein every 2 hours, but some days it doesn’t help at all. I hope you start feeling better soon!
  • Options
    clb0321clb0321 member
    edited April 26
    Please be careful taking unisom and b6. I believe I became b6 toxic with my last pregnancy because of taking it, and I’ve had neuropathy ever since.

I still to this day have never heard anyone talk about how unsafe it can be to supplement with b6 for nausea, so I’m just giving you a heads up. I’m sure you’ve consulted with your doctor, but just playing devil’s advocate because my doctors never batted an eye.
  • Options
    Im currently pregnant (4th pregnancy) as well and it’s still pretty early but this is the first time I have not experienced the nausea immediately after conceiving - I had it really really bad with my 3 other pregnancies. I read that a deficiency in magnesium can cause this! I’ve been supplementing with 500mg of magnesium and I’m feeling really good.

Here is a study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5690444/

Magnesium deficiency is really common because of the poor quality of our food and supplementing can also help prevent other complications in pregnancy like preeclampsia (which I’ve also had before). I’m no doctor and I know everyone is different but this is a fairly inexpensive solution to try. Sending good vibes!