Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling:

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Do you have any pet peeves? If so, what are they?

Me: 26     DH: 25
DS1 -- 9/30/2016

Re: Weekly Check-in w/o 7/24

• Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/16; 28 weeks today!! 

FTM/STM/STM+: STM 

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: 💙

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: coconut 🥥 

Upcoming appointments: 8/8 for general OB and TDAP 

How are you feeling: my feet have been swelling so bad in this heat, but other than that pretty good 

Rants / Raves: we are looking at a house today. I don’t know if we are crazy to be house shopping with 3 months left before baby comes but we have to get out of this 2 bedroom rental  

Questions:

GTKY: Do you have any pet peeves? If so, what are they?  People chewing loudly is my biggest one. There are a few random ones that have popped up during pregnancy but it really depends on the day. 

DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: October 1 / 30+2

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Girl

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a garden gnome

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound August 4

How are you feeling: huge. I can't believe I'm still 10 weeks away. I'm also picking up a prescription for heartburn today because that's been pretty bad.

Rants / Raves: I'm back to being so so happy to work from home right now. We're supposed to go back to the office part time in September, but I've applied to be exempt until mat leave. At least I can wear comfortable clothes and put my feet up while I work. And I don't have to physically get myself to the office, which is a plus.

Questions: For STM+s, what is the earliest you've asked for an overnight babysitter? There's an out of town show that I really, really want to see in March of next year, but I'm not sure about leaving my 5 month old overnight, especially since she'll probably still be waking up a ton at night to eat.

GTKY: Do you have any pet peeves? If so, what are they? This one is so petty, but pushing the toothpaste out from the middle of the tube drives me up the wall
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AmMcc We are also trying to buy a new home right now! Maybe we are both crazy 🤪 

@sawasap 10 weeks!!! Why does that sound so short to me?? 😱 Ugh, I feel you on the heartburn. I had it so rough with my first and nothing seemed to help.... except maybe vanilla ice cream 🍦 😋 

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 24 / 27 weeks

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Girl

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Lettuce (??? But what kind of lettuce? This seems like a terrible comparison 🤣)

Upcoming appointments: 8/3 OB appt and GD testing 🤮

How are you feeling: still recovering from covid so I'm stuffy and tired. Pregnancy-wise, my back has started to hate me recently. And it will likely hate me more as I start packing our stuff to move!

Rants / Raves: My family is mostly over COVID without major issues! Phew!! 

Questions: Moving related question... what is the best strategy for packing boxes without my 18 month old just taking everything out of the box 😆😂

GTKY: Do you have any pet peeves? If so, what are they? Unsolicited advice about parenting. Also when parents of older kiddos say things like, " oh you think _____ is hard? Just wait until ____." So not helpful. 

• Options
    linh18linh18 member
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    Sept 30, 30 +5

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: girl

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a zucchini

Upcoming appointments: today

How are you feeling: like I just want to sleep all day, but that's not even close to happening. 

Rants / Raves: I'm not moving homes like some of you, but we are getting ready to go back to my home country for 5 months for baby's birth. I'm not looking forward to 26 hours of travel with a toddler while pregnant, and I still have so much to get ready. 

Questions: any travel tips while pregnant? I did it with my first but I'm feeling even less prepared this time. 

GTKY: Do you have any pet peeves? If so, what are they? People talking when they shouldn't be and I'm trying to listen to something. Like at the movie theatre, church on Sunday, a speech etc. It drives me crazy. Even worse is if they try talking to me! 
  • Options
    linh18linh18 member
    @alpacamama2
    Packing with a toddler is hard! And I only have a few boxes to pack. Maybe put them in a box themselves to play it they think that's fun, or give them something to "unpack" while you pack up a box and tape it shut. I feel like it's the same as folding laundry in front of my toddler. Some days he wants to help so takes each item out of the bakery and gives it to me (too quickly) and other days he picks up and moves all my piles of sorted laundry, and still other days he ignores me and does his own thing. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@sawasap
    So far my toddler hasn't had an overnight babysitter but I'm hoping that my husband and I will be able to get away for a night before baby is born. I have a friend who left her baby with her MIL for most of the evening/night and then picked them up well past midnight in time for a late night feeding. I think baby was around 5 months as well. I guess it all depends on your comfort level and if baby can take a bottle/wakes up for many feedings at night.
  • Options
    @sawasap so glad you were able to get the extension to work from home!!

@alpacamama2 happy to hear your family is mostly over COVID!! 

@linh18 compression socks and new (small) toys/activities for the toddler to stay busy. 

We just sent in our offer and will know by 5:00 tomorrow! 😬
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    #AmMcc12 yayyyy 🤞🤞 hope they accept your offer!