Me: 26     DH: 25
DS1 -- 9/30/2016

Re: Weekly Check-in w/o 5/1

• lindz42lindz42 member

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 28/14+2

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Girl!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a troll doll 

Upcoming appointments: 5/22 midwife checkup, feels like forever.

How are you feeling: Nausea seems to be going away (unless I'm hungry?), focus is REALLY bad (I have adhd, doctor suggested I try fish oil), sensitive to smell, starting to feel a little crampy sometimes (round ligament pain maybe?)

Rants / Raves: I am happy to know that I'm having a girl, but not sure what to expect now with gifts from grandparents, since first kid was a boy. I've started going through our saved clothes and already have a lot of clothes that I plan to keep... this will be the first girl on both sides of the family in over 30 years, so I'm a little apprehensive... 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is on your bucket list? California coast (I'm from New England), Puerto Rico, write and publish a book, fly to another continent

• linh18linh18 member
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: September 30, 18 +4 

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: we will find out at next appointment

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: an artichoke

Upcoming appointments: may 12, anatomy scan

How are you feeling: sneezing all the time, it's so annoying I can't stop, other than that pretty good? 

Rants / Raves: I'm getting so impatient for the anatomy scan, but at the same time I'm not sure what to expect from the clinic we go to. For my first we were in a large city and had excellent care and equipment, here we are in a rural area in a developing country and the equipment isn't that great. I've been jealous of all the nice ultrasound pics because last time all you could see if baby on mine was their leg (i think?) No nice profile, or baby looking one. I'm hoping the anatomy scan will go well and the doctor gets all the pics she needs. Otherwise I think we will be driving to the city 2 hours away to a private clinic. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What is on your bucket list? Can't really think of anything other than maybe travel to South America again as a family?
  • Loading the player...
  • sawasapsawasap member
    edited May 2023
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 17+3 - edit: whoops, nope, 18+3! / October 1

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: We will find out on Monday!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: an artichoke

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan on Monday

How are you feeling: Physically, pretty good. Starting to get anxious about the anatomy scan.

Rants / Raves: The strike is over, which is great! But I came back to a mountain of work with much shorter deadlines than normal so I am buried this week.

Questions:

GTKY: What is on your bucket list? New Zealand! I've wanted to go there since I saw Lord of the Rings. One day!

@lindz42 I'm nervous about having a girl for the similar reasons! My grandmother wants it to be a girl so bad (she saw the 6 week ultrasound of my first and was sure it was a girl, and she's sure again this time). My step-sister has twin boys and I have my son, so it would be the first girl in the family. My husband's family has quite a few girls, but the youngest is 13.
  • AmMcc12AmMcc12 member

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/16; 16+2

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: 💙

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: large avocado 

Upcoming appointments: 5/8

How are you feeling: tired and hungry!! 

Rants / Raves: I applied for my dream job within my company and have this irrational fear that I won’t even be considered due to pregnancy and them wanting me to stay where I’m at  

Questions:

GTKY: What is on your bucket list? Going back to Switzerland 

Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @AmMcc12 ugh, I hate that we have to worry about being passed over for things because of pregnancy and motherhood. I hope that it doesn't turn out that way!

@linh18 where in south America would you go?

@lindz42 "Nausea seems to be going away (unless I'm hungry?)" <--- right?! Like how does this make any sense from an evolutionary standpoint? You are supposed to eat a lot when pregnant to grow a human, but then when youre hungry, you also feel nauseated... so then you dont feel like eating. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ make it make sense!!

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 24 / 15 + 1

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: girl

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: as tall as an eggo waffle

Upcoming appointments: tmrw! But no sono... booo

How are you feeling: pregnancy-wise, pretty good aside from some fatigue. There have been a lot of other life factors contributing to tiredness and stress. When it rains, it pours 🌧 ⛈️ 

Rants / Raves: my 15mo daughter has gotten so adorably cuddly. It is so sweet. 🥰

Questions: natm

GTKY: What is on your bucket list? Travel-wise: lots of spots in Europe and JAPAN. Experience-wise: I want to make my own pottery out of clay found in nature. Like the whole process of prepping the earth/clay so that it can be molded and fired. Kinda random, I know 😄

• Had my 15 week appt today and they had trouble picking up the heartbeat, so they did a quick full sonogram. Heartbeat was found and I got to see her 😍! Brain and lungs are growing! 
  • linh18linh18 member
    @alpacamama2 probably Bolivia and Chile would be fun. I've travelled there before and would love to experience it again with my husband and kids. 
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/20 16w2d

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Boy

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a DVD

Upcoming appointments: Nothing for a couple of weeks

How are you feeling: Tired, hungry, emotional. I don’t remember feeling like this in the 2nd tri with my first son but that was 5 years ago so I forgot everything! 

Rants / Raves: I’m really wishing I would have held onto more of my son’s baby stuff but I donated everything so now we have to start over. 

Questions: not at the moment 

GTKY: What is on your bucket list? I really want to go to Scotland someday. 

• @linh18 I LOVE Chile! 🇨🇱 I definitely want to take my kids there someday