November 2023 Moms

Weekly randoms • week of 4/16

Re: Weekly randoms • week of 4/16

• I didn't have my hopes up but my MFM confirmed that I won't be able to try for a VBAC even though this is a singleton. When DS #1 and DD #1 were born, I had a scheduled c-section and as soon as DS was out, DD turned, sprawled out and got stuck. They had to make a vertical incision in addition to the horizontal one and now I will forever have c-sections. Thought I'd ask though as I r always wanted to have the experience of labor and delivery outside of a c-section. 

They also confirmed I won't make it to 40 weeks because of that extra incision. I'll deliver between 37 and 38 weeks. Maybe they'll let me just go ahead and schedule it now. 🤔
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @UnwritteN12 I’m sorry you don’t get to try for the birth you want. My type A brain wishes I could schedule my birth but I get that it’s frustrating having something like that completely out of your control! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • @UnwritteN12 I'm sorry you didn't get the outcome you were hoping for. How do you feel about being induced early? 
  • @varimama - Getting to know my exact due date is nice. Let's me plan time off and when I need to ask family to come into town. Definite bonus. 

@nomangos23 - Eh, not crazy about it. But all I know is c-sections. I had my first set of twins at 37 wks 5 days and my second set at 36 wks 3 days I believe. I've never made it to 38 weeks lol.

• @UnwritteN12 sorry you won't get to try for a vbac. I'm with you in having all of my babies (4 of them) at 37 weeks. I had vaginal deliveries but induced early with all of them. I always wished to know what going into labor on my own was like too!
  • @UnwritteN12 I'm so sorry you don't get to have the birth experience you wanted. That is so hard. 

@runsoncoffee I had all 3 boys on their induction days but was only induced with DS3. The other 2 boys had me arriving at the hospital approximately 6-10 hours before I was scheduled to be there to start the induction. They told me I had to have DS3 at 39 weeks because I was AMA. We moved, and I have a new doctor this time, so I'm interested to see if they also require it.

Also, this is my first time in the backend of a BMB due date-wise, and it is so weird being this far behind some of you. I feel like a little kid running behind you yelling "wait for me!" I am not a patient person lol.
  • Does an app or website exist that I could look up a food item and see if it’s okay while pregnant? I am guessing probably not but I feel like I’m googling a lot these days lol an app would be more convenient for sure 
  • @ashsowers2020 I use the Ovia Pregnancy app, and it has a food and medication safety portion. 
  • @chrissdee How are you feeling?
  • Lord have mercy. Coming up for air finally after a 48 hour stomach bug. 5 pounds down and I no longer look blumpy haha. Baby bean you still good in there??
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @mrsmtothek Oh goodness, stomach bugs are rough. I hope you have an easy day today to rest and continue getting better.
  • @chrissdee I’m so relieved to hear your update. And I’m super glad you’re getting the support and care you need - the MFM office sounds amazing. Its good they are thinking ahead, and you have time to mentally prepare. But I’m sure that’s all hard to process
    Third kid: Due 11/6
    Second kid: Dec 2021
    First kid: Sept 2019
  • KiekKiek member
    @chrissdee I’m so glad to hear you’re doing better and receiving excellent care! I’m also really glad to hear they have a plan moving forward 
  • KiekKiek member
    My husband’s birthday is tomorrow so I’m making rib eyes on the grill, crab cakes, with loaded baked potatoes and a salad. Then homemade apple pie with ice cream for dinner. I’m pretty pumped about it 😂

Also my husband brought up the subject of names last night. Normally he doesn’t want to even consider that conversation until much later so that was fun. We struggle to agree on names. Our oldest was easy. She was always going to be named after two of her great grandmas. The one that helped raise him and the one that helped raise me. But our last was a STRUGGLE to agree on anything lol. And boy names we’ve never agreed on anything 😂. So it’s probably good we are starting talking about it now lol
  • @Kiek Happy Birthday to your husband! We are set on a girl name (DS1 picked it for DS3, and it never got used), but we'll struggle if we have another boy. Middle names are family names, and so that part is easy, but the first name will be harder.

@chrissdee I'm glad you're doing better, and I hope everything continues to go well!
  • @chrissdee - So glad to hear your update! Sounds like your MFM is really on the ball. Crossing my fingers that baby stays put until 37 weeks for you! I'm in a similar boat as Little Bean will make their entrance around 37 or 38 weeks with a scheduled c-section. 

@Kiek - That sounds amazing! Lucky hubby! Hope y'all enjoy. :) 

• @chrissdee so glad and relieved to hear you're getting the care you deserve. one day at a time! <3
  • Anyone else super moody lately? DH didn't do anything wrong this morning. But I feel like biting his head off. I'm more frustrated with work than I probably should be and I'm just generally in a blah mood the past few days. I'm even keeping up on my happy pills but still super moody. 

• KiekKiek member
    @UnwritteN12 I have random moments of rage 😂. Nothing I would act on but just these random things will make me so unreasonably angry and then it passes as quickly as it came. With my daughters everything made me ugly cry (I am not a crier lol) so I’m convinced I’ve got a boy brewing now because this is very new to me lol
  • @UnwritteN12 I have all the moods lately. I do not have the patience I usually do, which has made life a bit harder in our house.
    @Kiek My boys use my emotions to their advantage when I'm pregnant. When they cry, I cry lol. 
  • @UnwritteN12 I'm definitely more sensitive than moody. Everything makes me cry lol.
  • @UnwritteN12 I'm definitely moody/extra snappy for no good reason. Fortunately my husband doesn't take it personal but it still makes me feel terrible after the fact. 
  • Does anyone else have a strong needle phobia??? How the heck did you get thru your first appointment?? Mine is Tuesday… 
  • KiekKiek member
    @stevieraem yes!!! I had it really bad before my first child and still today but to a lesser degree. I used to hyperventilate and cry as a grown ass adult whenever I needed any kind of shot. For some reason that first blood draw with my oldest didn’t trigger the panic quite like I thought it would. I think because it was for my kid? Like mom brain kicked in, in that moment. I’m still terrified but I generally talk the poor phlebotomist to death and tell them I’m a giant weenie and nervous laugh the whole time 🫠
  • @Kiek thank you so much.  I’m seriously hoping this happens for me.  I cry, get clammy, turn white all of it. It’s not the pain, it’s just - disgusting to me. Every time my brain thinks about it coming up I keep practicing staying calm, reminding myself I can’t get out of it, reminding myself that it’s a very good thing that this gets to happen to me, and try to focus on calm cuz stress would be bad for the kiddo. Like - we’ve been trying for over 5 years, needles were always going to come with success lol.  Hubby is going to come with me - but any tips on how to be chill and a grown up about this part are much appreciated. Lol I’m a 32 year old woman…
  • @stevieraem I used to be terrified of needles. Then I was hospitalized for a week where they drew blood every couple hours and after that I’ve been fine 🤣 Things I learned when I was terrified though:

Make sure you’ve eaten and are well hydrated (unless told otherwise by your dr) bc it will help make the experience less uncomfortable. Nothing is worse then being dehydrated bc it makes the process take so much longer! Eating first helps keep you from feeling so faint! 

Let the phlebotomist know and for me I always found not looking was best. Sometimes they have smaller needles too which you really can’t even feel so you can always ask if that is an option. 

Having a support person to be with you and distract you/take care of you if you start to feel faint is a great idea! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)