3rd Trimester
Options

??...38 Weeks, 1CM Dilated, 50% Effaced

I know I can't predict when labor will start from this but I guess I was surprised that the effacement was so high at just 1cm dilated. Any thoughts?

Re: ??...38 Weeks, 1CM Dilated, 50% Effaced

• Options
    I'm 50% effaced and not dilated at all.  There are lots of women on here who go for a loooooooong time 1cm and 50% effaced, and there are also lots who go into labor shortly after their told that.  I kind of feel like 1cm/50% doesn't say much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I am 2 CM and 70% effaced, at this point all it means to my Doctors is that if she is measuring big at my U/S next week I will most likely be induced because I am considered induceable since I am starting on my own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm 1 1/2 cm and 50%...  They don't really have much to do with eachother.  And labor could still be a ways off.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It is hard to tell.  I was 1cm and 50% at 36 weeks.  I think that effacement can sometimes be an estimate depending on who is doing the examination.
    Owen - January 2009 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Owen is a big brother!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

*sigh* at my 38 week appt, i was nothing.  closed.. nada.. well, effacement i have no idea, he never mentions it.. jus tthat...yep you're still all closed up.. see ya next friday.

So tomorrow we shall see

• Options
    I was so in your boat 2 1/2 years ago with DD...hang in there!  I ended up going 41w4 days and then FINALLY went into labor.  Right now you are just a ticking clock, it could happen tomorrow or at 42 weeks.  I remember hating every day past due because I had progress so early on (plus I was on bedrest).  Just hang in there!!  It was worth waiting too...I will never choose to be induced or ask for it...I was only in labor for 3 1/2 hours, so my patience did pay off in the end, even though it was super hard to wait to see my little one :)  GL!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I am actually in no rush and encouraging my little man to hang out until his due date - I still have to take down Christmas and get one final housecleaning done :) He'll come when he come and I am cool with that. Just was curious!
  • Options
    I went to the doctor yesterday and found out I'm 4.5 CM and 70% effaced, but he still has not dropped. I'm getting so anxious and I'm only at 37 weeks!
  • Options

last Monday I was 37 weeks, 1 cm and 80% effaced.

This Monday (the 5th) I was the same....

I got super excited I was 80% and then nothing happend changed.....

Good Luck! 

• Options

I was actually 2cm dilated and 90% effaced with  my first at 37 1/2 weeks... I had to be induced at 40w 4d but it was a great "start"--I progressed very well/quickly after the Dr broke my water :)

With my second, dilation begins first and then effacement--I was only 2-3cm dilated and 90% effaced wheN I go to the hospital (in labor).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

It's pretty meaningless.  I am 2.5-3 cm dilated/50% effaced and she's at 0 station.  I also had my membranes stripped at my last appt and aside from some cramping and spotting after my appt, I have had nothing else to speak of. 

The waiting sucks, but such is life.  I'm just happy I started working from home this week.  :)  

• Options
    I'm in the same boat 39 weeks 1 cm 50% effaced. That's IT.  Nothing else...Nada... I'm getting anxious!!!!  Like the rest of you guys!Stick out tongue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"